Child Welfare South Africa Hermanus (CWH) is a registered child protection organisation based in Hermanus. Established in 1945, we are a member organisation of Child Welfare SA and render social and developmental services to children, families and communities within our demarcated services areas of Paradise Park, Sandbaai, Vermont, Onrus, Mount Pleasant, Hermanus and Zwelihle. These services include statutory services; prevention, early intervention and reintegration programmes; early childhood development; and foster care.
CWH seeks to appoint a General Manager to be based in Hermanus.
The purpose of the position is to take responsibility for the operational functions of the organisation. S/he is expected to be passionate and committed to the protection of children, and the mission and vision of the organisation.
- Manage and coordinate all the operational, human resources, fundraising/marketing and financial requirements of CWH
- Identify fundraising opportunities and manage the compilation and dissemination of funding proposals, reports and general communications
- Review and implement CWH strategy and programme priorities
- Build the profile and promote the brand of the organisation
- Ensure proper governance and compliance with all regulations and good business practices
- Ensure regular and accurate communication with all stakeholders, including funders and the management board
- Tertiary qualification
- Minimum three years’ experience in a Management or Deputy Manager’s position
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate and proficient in (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and various other Microsoft applications)
- A valid driver’s licence
- Demonstrated ability to think flexibly across business functions and lead integrated execution processes
- Leadership skills and demonstrable management experience including supervising a multi-cultural team
- Ability to multi-task and operate successfully under tight deadlines
- Ability to take responsibility, show initiative, be self-motivated and resourceful
- Must be a good communicator and team player
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
To apply, submit your CV, letter of motivation including reference to your current earnings level and contact details of three referees to [email protected]
Child Welfare South Africa Hermanus reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job City Western Cape