This role is responsible for ensuring that the systems supported by the HRIT department (Workday, Cornerstone, and IRC developed Employee Directory) are maintained in an effective and timely manner and that issues raised by our client population across 35+ countries are resolved in a timely manner. The team managed by this role is responsible for the management of core reference data, user access controls and issue resolution.
The manager will be responsible for:
• Managing the team’s development
• Prioritizing issues, workload management, and will serve as the primary escalation point for the HR community
• Evaluating issue trends to recommend system improvements
• Providing regular training to end users and the team
• Supporting departmental projects as needed
The position will work under the direction and supervision of the HR Operations & Technology Director, based in New York.
• Perform fixes to systems or guide users how to correct data and escalate support issues as needed for specialized resolution and quality assurance.
• Provide timely, concise, clear, and helpful updates to users on the status of their requests
• Perform routine scheduled audits of data, reports usage, transaction volumes, incomplete processes and transactions, and other required indicators, and record the audit information comprehensively in a dashboard report accessed by senior stakeholders (sustainability dashboard)
• Create regular reports regarding team and individual accomplishments.
• Reference vendor software updates, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources to aid in problem resolution.
• Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users
• Collaborate with other team members and HRIT Director to review aspects for service improvement with processes and ensure that client needs are being met.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Director, HR Technology and Operations
Position directly supervises: 2 HR IT associates
• HRIT experience in a multi-cultural, multi-location organization,
• Experience with a helpdesk ticketing system (IRC uses ServiceNow) required
• 3 plus years of experience navigating and using packaged software or custom developed applications and tools required
• Strong organizational skills are required, with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent customer service, communication (both written and verbal), and collaboration skills required
• Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities as well as strong data analysis acumen are required
• Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access); Excel ability to create macros, pivot tables, vlookups, analytical capabilities and workbooks required
• Experience in preparing and delivering training a plus, both for one-to-one and group training delivery
• Demonstrated ability to work professionally and discreetly with confidential information
• Flexibility in daily schedule and ability to understand and react quickly to changing priorities
• English fluency required; French and/or Arabic would be helpful
• Standard office working environment
• Ability to work remotely part-time
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace,
Diversity Equality and Inclusion (DEI), Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Narrowing the Gender Gap: The International Rescue Committee is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including a flexible hour (when possible), maternity leave, transportation support, and gender-sensitive security protocols.
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws
- Job City Nairobi, Kenya