*Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The main purpose of this position is to provide overall grant financial management that includes fiscal and budgetary controls and reporting for the special donor projects namely GAC, DFID, SDC and other major donors.
The role will promote and ensure accuracy and completeness in financial reporting and risk management as per the donors’ regulations and WV’s policies. The role will also include and ensure effective Subgrantee/Partners management as well as staff capacity building on grants management.
Financial Accountability and Reporting:
- Prepare timely and detailed monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for submission to donors/support offices.
- Oversee/monitor financial aspect of sub-grant to ensure adherence to Donors’ and consortium rules and regulations.
- Carry out timely expenditure analysis and work with the project leads to re-program funds where necessary in order to effect programming priorities and advise accordingly.
Financial Planning and Budgeting:
- Prepare Project cashflows in collaboration with Project Team Leads as per Detailed Implementation plan and uploaded in Accounting system.
- Review cash flow projections and expenditures with Project Team Leads to ensure that the projects are managed within the agreed budget and adherence to all financial guidelines.
- Review of Purchase Requisition (PRF) to ensure correct allocations/coding and budget availability as well as donors’ compliance.
Financial Risk and Assets Management:
- Ensure grant procurement adhere to donors’ rules and regulations.
- Play an active role in the preparation of project audits (Internal & external) while ensuring compliance and grant risks mitigation.
- Follow up on any audit recommendations and ensure its implementation.
- Ensuring Project assets are managed as per donors’ rules and World Vision Policies.
- Ensure timely submission of Labour Distribution Reports (LDR)/Timesheet for all staff charged in the special projects, reconcile with the percentages of salaries and benefits charged in the projects.
Partners/ Consortium Management:
- Ensure subgrant compliance to minimum subgrant standards on:
- Reporting: Ensure the partners submits a set of financial reports using the agreed format as indicated in the agreement.
- Asset Management: Ensure proper fixed asset & inventory management.
- Accounting records: Ensure the partner organization’s accounting records are accurate, complete and up-to-date. And the records are retained in a safe and secure place accessible for audit purposes.
- Cost Allocations: Ensure cost allocations as per donors’ rules and regulations.
- Financial monitoring and capacity building: Conduct regular on-site monitoring visit to ensure the partners activity and implementation meet the required standards in the agreement. This includes capacity building of Partners.
Team Management and Staff Capacity Building:
- Lead field finance team for the special grants.
- Conduct formal and informal capacity building to finance and non-finance staff on grants financial management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum Qualification required Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field. Master’s degree will be an advantage.
- Professional: CPA/ACCA or equivalent.
- 5 years field experience, 3 out of which must be Finance Manager.
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in grants management.
- Experience of managing financials, budget and regulations for a previous GAC, SDC/SWISS and DFID program is required.
- Experience in Managing Subgrantee/Partners is required.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills is required.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, leadership, creative problem-solving, and ethical management is required.
- GAC/SDC/DFID training/certification or other grant management training required.
- Skills and knowledge on Accounting sunsystem required (Sunsystems/Infor Q&A preferred).
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in working in remote areas of the country is highly preferred.
- Full professional certificates (CPA/ACCA/CA or related) is an added advantage.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel 50% field, 50% Juba.
Fit to travel to the remote areas of the country.
- Job City Juba