An international Development organisation seeks to fill the role below
Position Start Date: Immediately
Dream Job: Manage A 5-Star Guesthouse in Maiduguri!!!
The Guesthouse Manager will be responsible for the operation of Creative’s guesthouse in Maiduguri town, which hosts periodic USAID and Creative staff members, as well as other NGOs or partners working in the area.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Guesthouse Manager will report to the Administrative Manager based in Abuja, with a communication line to the Regional Program Manager. The Guesthouse Manager will directly supervise the guesthouse support staff and (cleaner, guards, etc.). The Guesthouse Manager collaborates closely with USAID Regional Security Officer (RSO) & staff to coordinate USG personnel visits to Maiduguri.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Management of the USAID guesthouse to include Logistics, Administration, Financial accounting including meal invoicing for guests and reporting.
- Directly managing and supervising two service contractors onsite including one for GH laundry and cleaning & one for Catering.
- Daily inspections and accounting for contractor staffing, to ensure compliance with the Purchase Order Agreements that NLCB has in place with respective vendors, including staff attendance and compliance of their duties and responsibilities.
- Manage and direct the receptionist and handyman, and any and all staff hired to perform duties at the GH.
- Liaison with all departments in NLCB program to manage GH reservations working in close coordination with the GH receptionist.
- Deliver basic security briefings to any and all guests (prepared by the NLCB security Manager)
- Ensure that all guests sign the “waiver of liability” on page 6 of the GH Guide upon arrival.
- Ensure that you communicate details of all guests and vehicles visiting the guest house in a timely fashion to the security supervisor onsite prior to their arrival to ensure safe access.
- Ensure that no unannounced guests or visitors gain access to the establishment, regardless of their rank, title or organization.
- Ensure that all guests sign the guest register held by the security provider.
- Ensure that all guests comply with the Guesthouse rules and regulations including the “Guesthouse Guide”
- Oversee attendance and use of the gym, to include gym health and safety regulations, gym maintenance and vetting of attendees.
- Manage the servicing and provision of fuel for the generators and water supply to the GH.
- Manage and direct repairs and maintenance of all aspects of the guesthouse including regular garden maintenance, plumbing, DSAT connectivity, laundry collection service and delivery, cleaning and maintenance of GH and air conditioning units, and that cleaning is performed on all rooms and confines of the GH.
- Any and all duties as directed by the Abuja Administration Manager or the Operations Manager.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- University degree in Hospitality/Tourism/Hotel Management or equivalent is required.
- 3 years’ relevant experience in hospitality/hotel management and 2+years supervisory role.
- At least 5 years of general work experience is required.
- Prior experience with international development organizations a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with culturally and geographically diverse staff, fostering overall good dynamics within and between teams.
- Familiarity with policies and procedures in regard to financial management, financial reporting, procurement processes in international organizations.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Fluency in oral and written communication skills; particularly in English language and any language spoken in North East Nigeria is required.
Method of Application
Qualified applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents to [email protected] by December 20th, 2018:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities; AND
- A cover letter
Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job City Borno