Head of Programme Development and Partnership – Uganda Country Office
Save the Children International is currently recruiting for the Head of Programme Development and Partnership. S/he will be responsible for leading effective and timely program and business development from both a quality (results for children) and a business perspective. The H-PD&P will oversee the process of donor and partner engagement, proposal development, award acquisition and monitoring/hand off awards to the Program Operations team within Save the Children Uganda (SCUG). The H-PD&P Manager will work closely with the DPDQ on SCUG’s funding strategy and identifies large and strategic opportunities. S/he will liaise with Members of Save the Children International and represent SCUG in-country with donor representatives and other stakeholders (including potential NGO and private sector partners, etc.), ably speaking to results of interventions.
To be successful for this role you will bring/have the following:
- Master degree in an area of social development or equivalent.
- At least 5 (five) years management in a both emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children International priority sectors: education, protection, rights governance, Youth employment and economic empowerment, health and nutrition, and emergencies
- Excellent writing/editing skills, budget development skills and presentation/communication skills.
- Experience in presenting project information to donors and partners.
- Experience in leading development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of project budgets greater than $1 million;
- Experience in developing large proposals for donors such as EC, USAID, OFDA, DFID, ECHO etc.
- Experience of working with financial and other data systems to produce budgets, analyse data and track trends.
- Ability to coach or mentor senior staff in proposal development or funding strategies
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
- Commitment to Save the Children International values and policies including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on October 07th 2022 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
- Job City Uganda