The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned bellow.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross Society
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 11 Regional Offices, 33 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.
Key Performance Areas
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and controls the overall activities of the Regional Branch of the Society; Ensures that general guidelines and criteria that are used to guide opening, structuring, defining duties and responsibilities, monitoring and evaluating performances, rewarding/punishing, developing and mobilizing resources and regulating the overall activities of branches are effectively implemented in the Regional Branch
- Ensures that the provisions of the charter and bylaws derived thereof, decisions made by the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies as well as general assemblies and boards of the National Secretariat and the Regional Board, principles, policies, procedures and the overall statutory framework of the Society are consistently and properly enforced in the Regional Branch
- Channels work instructions, directives, policies and procedures initiated by the National Secretariat and the Regional Branch itself to zonal and woreda branches for implementation and ensures effective and proper enforcement thereof,
- Coordinates, monitors, and evaluates the overall activities of the branches under the Regional Branch; follows up and facilitates the timely preparation and submission of regular and exceptional reports by zonal branches; consolidates and communicates reports of national concern to the National Secretariat
- Organizes, oversees, coordinates and follows up vulnerability assessment activities, intervention prioritization and project formulation activities on program areas of the Society in the Regional Branch; solicits local financing sources of program and project activities and effects intervention accordingly;
- Ensures that the operation and support functional units of the Regional Branch are properly coordinated, synchronized and synergized in their activities; Ensures that the zonal and woreda branches of the Regional Branch are delegated with adequate authority and responsibility and ensures enforcement accordingly;
- Enhances the capacity of the Regional Branch in sharing and disseminating values and principles of the Movement and International Humanitarian Laws to humanity, documenting and efficiently sharing/ disseminating best and promising practices in humanitarian work and organization
- Represents the branch in bilateral dealings with other components of the Society, public organs, nongovernmental organizations and other partners in humanitarian work in the Regional Branch;
- Prepares the agendas of Board meetings, in consultation with the chairperson of the Regional Board, and distributes same to board members together with relevant documents;
- Second/first degree in Management/ Public Administration/ Disaster Risk Management/ Public Health/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Social Psychology/ Social Anthropology/ Rural & Local Development Studies/ Governance & Development Studies
- 6/8 years related work experience, out of which 1/2 years in managerial position(s).
- Willing to give voluntary service to the society with his/her own initiative.
How to Apply
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form from the official website of the Ethiopian Red Cross in vacancy menu http://www.redcrosseth.org/get-involved/vacancy and email to [email protected] OR postal service Ethiopian Red Cross Society, Human Resource Dep’t, P.O. Box 195, Addis Ababa. Before the closing date of this announcement on June 5, 2020.
Qualified women are strongly recommended to apply!
- Job City Gambela