We are a global team of experts and innovators tackling some of the world’s most pressing health challenges. We work with leaders and change makers around the globe to bring health strategies to life. We provide ideas, advice and technical know-how that enable our partners to build a path to lasting change.
With 30 years’ experience in global health, we collaborate with our partners to explore existing evidence, combine expertise, scale up ideas and co-create solutions that accelerate change. This includes collaborating on policy design, managing initiatives, building powerful coalitions and galvanising social movements. Our impact is felt across whole communities, with a focus on women, girls and those who have been marginalised.
As part of MSI Reproductive Choices, all our profits go back into supporting MSI’s own mission of children by choice, not chance.
We believe in a world where everyone can access the high-quality health services they need, without financial burden.
The Health Systems Strengthening Advisor will be expected to collaborate with other colleagues within Options, with Marie Stopes International Organization Nigeria (MSION) and with key stakeholders including government officials, civil society organisations and service delivery providers.
Part of the role will include supporting stakeholders to develop sustainability plans and capacity building/training manuals, with a view to ensuring key activities provided by implementing partners are fully transitioned to government and / or civil society. This will include working with stakeholders to review and build on previously conducted readiness assessments, identify and monitor progress markers for transition and provide on-demand technical assistance on key areas as required
- Strong administration and organisational skills, good time management
- At least six (6) years of relevant work experience in managing health-related projects at national level in Africa.
- Proven ability to develop relationships with state government and health MDAs.
- Experience working with Bauchi State government is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health financing system.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or related field.
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, medical insurance and 13th-month pay.
- As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and postholders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Nigeria