ACTED has been committed since 1993, to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 14 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR / Admin Intern
About the Job
- This position will offer the intern an opportunity to understand what ACTED stands for, our operations, as well as to understand Humanitarian programming in Northeast Nigeria.
- Working in the HR/Admin department, the intern will be able to learn how to plan and prioritize a work schedule in a fast-paced demanding work environment. The Intern will work with other team members in the HR/Admin department as well as program teams and should be able to develop good working relationships with all staff. A major part of the job responsibility will be to support the HR department in ACTEDТs recruitment process including (review of CVs, scheduling of interviews, completion of documentation, etc), the person will also assist in ensuring documents are stored in an orderly manner. Other tasks will be assigned based on needs of the department.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the HR/Admin Officer, the Intern will be responsible for the day to day support to the HR/Admin department specifically.
- Learn ACTED Human resources policies, tools, and formats to undertake Administrative responsibilities.
- Track job advert positing’s
- Enter all CVs received for each position into Database
- Supporting the HR Officer for long listing, scanning CVs as directed.
- Assist in scheduling tests and interviews with selected candidates
- Compilation of all recruitment documentation from interviews and tests of candidates
- Track office inventory and make request in time to ensure there is no stock out of office supplies
- Support in filling of HR documentation
- Filing of NHF, Health Insurance form, Time sheet, leave request and all staff document to their respective files.
- Active calendar management
- Assist in updating files, scanning of document and photocopy of pay-slip document, labeling of all staff files accordingly.
- Assist in tracking international staff VOA and payments
- Assist with onboarding and orientation of new hires
- Tracking of leave request form, staff movement, time sheet, contract tracking
- Support recruitment exercise including sorting, long and shortlisting of applications
- Support in creation of new staff personal files
- Updating the existing personal files, ensuring that they all have the necessary information
- General organization of HR Office documents/paperwork
- Maintain proper records of all correspondence.
- Assist in procurement and distribution of monthly airtime by 30 of each month for new month distribution.
- Prepare Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents as and when needed
- Supervision of Cleaners in the GH and Offices as directed.
- Any other official duties assigned by the supervisor
- All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Understanding of the ACTED Human Resource systems and procedures and ability to apply it to other work environment.
- An undergraduate in Art or Social Sciences who is due for 6-month industrial Attachment
- Preferably A Degree
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills interpersonal skills.
- Excellent command of English language.
- Meticulous attention to details.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure.
- Good understanding of full-cycle recruiting
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to multi-task, learn quickly, and work independently and productively in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Contract length: A year
- Start date: As soon as possible Desirable
Application Closing Date
17th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- For general information about ACTED, please consult: www.acted.org
- Job City Borno