Vacancy Announcement for HR Intern
EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth partners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
If you are interested in kick starting your career in HR and getting a closer look of how our organization handles and approaches recruiting, selection, employee development, documentation of personnel we would like to meet you. Ultimately, you will assist in organizing and coordinating our HR policies and procedures.
Position: HR Intern
Reports to: Sr. HR Manager
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
The HR Intern will perform various administrative tasks and support our HR department’s daily activities. The HR Intern responsibilities include updating our employee records with new hire information, screening resumes and scheduling interviews.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft personnel letters for staff members and non-staffs as necessary
- Update Job descriptions as per guidelines given by the HR Manager
- Update and document all personnel files as per the existing checklist for personnel file of EngenderHealth
- Assist in personnel file and timesheet management.
- Receive, proofread and check personnel/administrative documents and take actions per requests. Assist in reference checking for positions under recruitment as assigned.
- Assist in downloading of profiles of applicants and participate in first-phase CV screening for open positions under recruitment as assigned
- Assist in tracking documents such as consultant and other non-staff payments.
- Assist in sending out regret letters and emails for unsuccessful candidates in relevant recruitments as necessary.
- Assist in the coordination of interviews and contacting selected candidates for the interview.
- Assist in the submission of pre-required documents and facilitate the processes of issuance/renewal of ID cards for MSH Staff Members
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Encourage good practice by promoting and championing the child protection policy and procedures and respond appropriately to disclosures or concerns which relate to the well-being of a child or vulnerable person.
- BA in Accounting, Business Management, Financial Management or related field
- Fresh graduate (Zero years experience)
Skills and competency:
- Good spoken and written English and Amharic
- Focus on quality
- Job City Addis Ababa