Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified HR specialist that is ready to support a growing programme to support Humanitarian needs in Nigeria.
About the job
This role assist the HR Manager to ensure compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies (particularly on Learning & Development), which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance on HR issues when requested by the HR Manager. This function will also serve as the focal point for the forthcoming change management processes.Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Lead on the development of the Learning & Development Nigeria Country Plan
- Conduct Training Needs Assessments (TNAs) on a regular basis and collaborate with managers to ensure both international and national staff are provided relevant capacity building opportunities
- Catalogue trainings that DRC Nigeria staff participate in and collect and analyze training reports submitted by staff
- Develop, launch, and manage staff wellbeing initiatives
- Manage the Meetings Tracker and disseminate weekly
- Prepare and submit required reports as per the fixed deadlines
- Assist the HR Manager with the monthly payroll as needed
- In collaboration with the HR Manager, ensure that the performance appraisals are conducted
- Assist in inducting training on Code of Conduct, Confidentiality, Conflict of Interest, etc. as needed
- Assist in people planning activities (e.g. ensure job descriptions are in place for all roles)
- Assist or drive recruitment processes as needed
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a dynamic HR profile and ready to pull up the sleeves. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Advanced university degree (or bachelor level qualification with equivalent years of professional experience) in a relevant field such as social sciences, development studies, international / humanitarian law, communications or similar;
- 2-3 years of professional experience in humanitarian emergency contexts
- Knowledge and experience working with relevant sectoral areas implemented by DRC-DDG Nigeria programmes – including protection, food security, WASH, shelter, NFIs, mine action, mine risk education, and armed violence reduction;
- Experience in leading change management processes;
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural environment with diverse staff;
- Ability to live and work in an insecure and high-stress environment.
- Knowledge of Homere, payroll system.
- Knowledge of Hausa and/or other languages used in northeast Nigeria
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 1 year
Designation of Duty Station: Unaccompanied, Non-family duty station: Yola, Nigeria
Start date: ASAP
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact [email protected].
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.**
Closing date for applications: 29th of May, 2018
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact our job support at drc.ngo/jobsupport.
- Job City Yola