Provides critical administrative, technical or program support to Human Resources (HR) Team in functional areas including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administrative, compensation, HRIS, and training, one domestic location and internationally. Responsible for the execution of HR administrative processes and support for the Human Resources team. Interacts extensively with multi-site employees and managers and the broader Human Resources organization. Answers questions for customers/clients using knowledge of principles and practices of human resources and company procedures.
The position is a fixed term position for a duration of one year.
- Provides administrative support for one to three functions to include development and organization of HR record keeping system, internal and external communications, and team administration organization.
- Provides technical or program support for three or more functions, e.g. interview scheduling, software maintenance and manipulation, payroll administration, orientation packet coordination, data tracking, routine immigration administrative issues, and respond to standard employee inquiries.
- Follows HR procedures for various organization and coordination of function activities to ensure clarity and efficiency for colleagues internal and external to HR and for external clients such as employment agencies, applicants, and training vendors.
- Serves as a back-up contact for employees with HR-related questions. Responds to Employee Service Center (ESC) requests.
- Follows HR practices for timely and legal filing of personnel, applicant/EEO, benefits, and immigration record keeping.
- Works with manager to establish record keeping systems.
- Coordinates with colleagues for the organization of mail and meetings (internal and external to HR), and employee events.
- Assists with coordination for communications for assigned programs, e.g. Assimilation Program, compiling a variety of packets (orientation, exit, benefit, and pension), addressing employee questions (e.g., completing claim and medical/dependent care forms).
- Assists with coordination of employee program activities (e.g., annual enrollment, flu shots, health fair, and training).
- Assists with bi-weekly payroll by organizing and preparing PARs, including signatures.
- Prepares, files, and tracks purchase requisitions, travel documents.
- Work with manager to create, maintain and distribute HR reports.
- HRIS, compensation, benefits, employee relations, employment life-cycle, payroll, performance management.
- Has a solid understanding of all human resource functional areas and is familiar with internal policies and procedures. Suggests improvements and helps implement changes as needed.
- Assists other HR staff with employee relations by maintaining employer- employee relationships that contribute to excellent productivity, motivation and morale.
- Other duties as assigned.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature.
- Has ability to recognize situations that deviate from accepted practice and seeks managerial advice prior to taking action.
- Errors may affect departmental function and ability to meet deadlines.
- Works under direct supervision and follows specific instructions; work is subject to regular review.
- Does not change procedures without supervisor’s approval.
- High School/GED Diploma or its International Equivalent.
- 0-3 Years of experience providing administrative support in an office setting.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and HRIS/Payroll systems.
- Vocational or specialized training.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
- Less than 10%
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
- Job City Kampala, Uganda