Human Resources Officer (Talent Acquisition) NOB
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
DUTY STATION (City, Country):
Juba, South Sudan
12 months (Renewable)
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
Since its independence in 2011, South Sudan has been ranked as one of the least developed countries in the world. The country is overwhelmingly rural, with petroleum being the only major export industry. While nine in ten households depend on crop farming, livestock, fishing or forestry, productivity across these sectors is minimal. Close to 2 million people are facing emergency food insecurity and the country has been exacerbated by conflict and economic crisis. The internal conflict has uprooted nearly four million people, of which nearly 2 million have been displaced internally while neighboring countries host a further 2 million refugees.
With an increased number of beneficiaries we serve in South Sudan, support services to Programme activities have also substantially increased. The overall staffing levels have drastically gone up which calls for the need to have a well-staffed HR unit to address the needs of the Programme. The HR Officer will be assigned to the Talent Acquisition Team and will be under the general supervision of the Head of the HR Unit and direct supervision of the Head of the Talent Acquisition Unit. The incumbent will be responsible for the following key duties (not all inclusive):
- In coordination with the Talent Acquisition Lead and/or Head of HR contribute to building and managing talent within WFP, working with hiring managers to understand their needs and delivering solutions to recruit, retain, manage and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver business objectives.
- Enhance WFP visibility and reputation in key sourcing channels by actively circulating advertisements of vacant positions and tracking the trends.
- Support WFP South Sudan Country Office to meet its gender balance target by attracting qualified female candidates, especially ensuring that there is a sufficient pool of candidates longlisted and shortlisted for vacant positions across various locations.
- Receive, review and advise the Talent Acquisition Lead or Head of HR on the recruitment requests submitted by Hiring Managers.
- Liaise with and train Hiring Managers to raise Job Requisitions in the E-Recruitment system upon receipt of all necessary approvals.
- Review job applications and prepare the longlist for further review and shortlisting by the Hiring Manager.
- In partnership with Hiring Managers ensure the appropriate written test and interview questions for each vacant position are prepared.
- Provide briefings to the selection panels on the recruitment and selection rules and regulations, processes and procedures.
- Organize written tests, interview panels and Local Appointment and Promotion Committee meetings as applicable.
- Act as Secretariat for the final recruitment reports before approval by the Country Director.
- Establish and manage various rosters for national talent particularly in key functions.
- Coordinate the compilation of the weekly recruitment report as well as the Monthly Staff Mapping File.
- Ensure the maintenance of proper file for each recruitment process with complete documents for HR records and audit purposes.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by implementing new or updated HR recruitment policies, procedures and systems in the area of work and recommend improvements to ways of working.
- Maintain confidentiality and transparency at the highest level throughout the recruitment process.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
First University degree in Human Resources Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field. Advanced university degree in relevant fields will be highly desirable
Typically, three (3) or more years of postgraduate professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development.
Previous experience in handling competitive recruitment processes of the national staff category under various contractual tools with understanding of diversity and inclusion and gender parity for hiring the best talent from internal and external candidates, will be desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and recommend a course of action; Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals; Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and provide client-oriented service; Ability to identify client’s needs and match them to appropriate solutions; Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems is desirable.
Good command in both written and spoken English is essential. Proficiency in local languages is desirable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, 30 days’ annual leave, pension plan and medical insurance.
How to apply
Link for internal applicants : https://performancemanager5.successfactors.eu/sf/jobreq?jobId=124302&com…
Link for external applicants : https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=124302&com…
Alternatively, WFP staff can access the VA and apply through the following link: http://newgo.wfp.org/services/e-recruitment
External applicants can also follow the link: http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
- All applications must be submitted online through WFP e-Recruitment System
- Application letter and updated CV should be attached appropriately.
- Pre-screening questions should be answered accurately.
- Online forms should be filled accurately, and exact dates of employment reflected.
- CVs should be submitted in English.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- WFP does not Charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process
- Job City Juba