TITLE: Human Resources Intern
TEAM/PROGRAMME: HR & Admin Team
LOCATION: CO, Abuja
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 year
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
To provide administrative support and assistance to the HR Team for the development and management of HR functions such as recruitment, employee relations, on-boarding, and filing for compliance and the promotion of its Safeguarding Policy.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: HR Officer
Staff directly reporting to this post: NIL
Budget responsibility: NIL
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- File and organize personnel files and other files maintained by the HR unit. Ensure documents are stored in an easy to access and understandable system
- Assist in the filing all staff documents appropriately into personnel files/ subject files on daily and weekly basis
- Ensure content of all staff files are reviewed occasionally for accuracy and completeness
- Assist in maintaining digital records of staff data on Save the Children’s HR Information Systems
- Receive and prepare administrative letters for staff
- Design and maintain HR document register for in/out documents
- Assist in collating induction materials in readiness for Global Induction sessions
- Participate in the preparation for induction for new staff on the global and national policy guidelines and procedures
- Assist in coordinating HR meetings, training, surveys etc and take minutes of team meetings
- Assist the unit with interview coordination
- Provide administrative support to the HR Team
- Perform other duties as assigned**.**
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- University degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or equivalent in relevant field
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Specified Study Area – Human Resources/Administration/Social Sciences or prior experience in Human Resources
- Language Requirements – English – Excellent
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Superior personal and ethical standards.
- Ability to build rapport quickly with internal customers utilizing excellent customer service skills.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Job City Nigeria