Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
TRANSFORM/Primary Health Care (PHC) is a USAID funded project to improve healthcare outcomes to End Preventable Child and Maternal Deaths (EPCMD) in Ethiopia, which in turn support Government of Ethiopia’s efforts within the Health Sector Transformation Plan (HSTP). TRANSFORM/PHC will operate in the four most populous regions of Ethiopia (Amhara, Oromia, Tigray and Southern Nations, Nationalities and People’s Region). This will be accomplished in part by: mitigating the drivers of child and maternal mortality in Ethiopia’s most populous regions through the facilitation and implementation of quality health service delivery; improved management and performance of health systems; and implementation of innovative and evidence-based social behavioral change and communication interventions. TRANSFORM/PHC will strengthen the capacity of the health system to effectively use management tools and implement best practices at all levels of the health system and health care delivery with a major focus at the primary care level that includes primary hospitals and PHCUs.
The HR Manager is accountable for HR policies, personnel recruitment and retention; compensation and benefits; and staff productivity and performance management. S/he is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the administrative functions of organizations among their key work duties including recruiting, interviewing and hiring new staff. S/he provides support to regional managers and project management team on all RH related matters including hiring, termination, performance evaluations, employee relations and serves as a contract point with a local legal advisor.
- Creates and monitors a human resources system that complies with top organizational objectives.
- Serves as the offices first point-of-contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters in relation to Human Resources in Pathfinder Ethiopia.
- Collaborates closely with Pathfinder’s Human Resources business unit in the US and other Pathfinder country offices
- Processes new hires and drives the on-boarding process, performance management, facilitates employee exits, and other activities.
- Manages recruitment activities: posts jobs, liases with recruitment agencies, handles logistics for career fairs), tracks candidate responses and monthly/annual recruitment costs, develop recruitment reports, schedule interviews, and corresponds with candidates.
- Coordinates with project staff and leads recruitment efforts including creating and posting descriptions for vacancies, reviewing applications and scheduling interviews, negotiating and extending offers, issuing local contracts, and developing welcome packets and overseeing orientation of new staff.
- Coordinates travel and interview schedules for job candidates as needed.
- Maintains HR files and assumes primary responsibility for setup, maintenance and compliance of employment files per local laws, and performs scheduled compliance audits;
- Leads staff productivity and retention efforts for local personnel, including supporting professional growth and development plans.
- Provides advice and counsel to staff on personnel issues.
- Assists with annual Performance Management activities: coordinates training schedule for Country Office, field and remote staff, tracks all increases, and runs reports as required; works with and maintains confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Collaborate with finance team on HR related tasks.
- Manage compensation and benefits for project staff, including ensuring adherence to local labor laws and practices and Pathfinder norms, and conducts benefits orientation for new hires; manages and updates the salary structure.
- Provides coaching to managers on all HR related matters including hiring, termination, performance evaluations, employee relations and organizational policies.
- Liaises with local legal attorney on employment law matters
- Responsible for ensuring comprehensive human resources policies and procedures are in place, comply with the local law; and ensuring all staff are trained as required.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field. (preferred)
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in managing Human Resources.
- Excellent diplomatic, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Proven ability to create and maintain effective working relations with staff and senior management, NGO partners, host country governments, and U.S. government agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate, mentor and direct staff while creating a positive team environment.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to analyze human resources functions.
- Expert computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be fluent in Amharic and English.
- Must treat all documents in a confidential manner.
- Travel could be up to 50% depending on project and business unit needs.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time
How to Apply
Pathfinder International invites eligible candidates to submit their applications via [email protected] on or before February 23,2020.
Applicants should write the position title on the subject line of their email specifying the job title the candidate is applying and send only Cover Letter and CV with 3 professional references including telephone number & email address. No additional document is required.
Pathfinder is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted applicants will be considered.
- Job City Addis Ababa