NCA’s presence in the Central Sahel dates back to 1984. Its country office is located in the capital, Bamako, with both humanitarian and development interventions in Kidal, Gao, Menaka and Mopti regions. NCA aims to contribute to a positive change in the lives of poor and conflict-affected people regardless of their religion, ethnicity, political opinion, gender or sexual orientation. Based on the humanitarian crisis in the Sahel, NCA aims to build its humanitarian capacity in both Mali and Burkina Faso with the country office in Bamako as a base. To support this process, NCA is seeking a Humanitarian Operations Manager with broad experience in building and leading humanitarian operations in complex conflict environments.
As a successful candidate, you have a solid understanding of various disciplines involved in humanitarian responses including programs, logistics, security, access, and human resource management. You have experience with various in-country humanitarian coordination mechanisms. You are able to create and maintain professional networks and have a broad view on how to design and implement humanitarian programs that lead to sustainable outcomes and have a link to development. You understand multi-sector and regional approaches and have experience working with partners, national staff and remote management.
This is a minimum one-year contract with possibilities for extension depending on results and funding.
- Responsible for the implementation NCA’s humanitarian interventions in Mali and Burkina Faso
- Expand our humanitarian responses in the region and increasing our humanitarian funding
- Managerial responsibility for regional humanitarian staff in Mali and Burkina Faso
- Actively role in regional and in-country humanitarian coordination mechanisms
- Build capacity of partners and staff, and develop tools, procedures, and guidelines for humanitarian programs
- Relevant degree in humanitarian or conflict studies, project management or other relevant political or social science subject
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the humanitarian sector, preferably in a complex conflict environment
- Three years or more of management experience, including the management of field offices
- Solid knowledge of humanitarian principles, standards and coordination mechanisms
- Previous exposure to WASH, SGBV, and protection programming is an advantage
- Proven strong communication and coordination skills across organizational functions
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and French
- Able to work independently yet function well in a team
- Strong analytical skills and capacity
- Able to work under pressure and observe often tight deadlines
- Able to plan, coordinate and lead processes that include multiple stakeholders and interests
- Able to mentor, coach and support staff in their professional development
- Must be loyal to Norwegian Church Aid’s Christian values and accept the ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- The opportunity to shape the content of this new position for NCA Mali
- A competitive salary and benefits, as per NCA’s HR policies
How to apply
Norwegian Church Aid uses electronic recruitment portal. You can easily upload your resume, write an application, attach electronic testimonials and diplomas – and with the touch of a button send everything electronically. Only applicants using our electronic portal will be considered for the position. To apply for the position, click “apply job” above the ad.
To apply for the position, click the following link; https://kirkensnodhjelp.recman.no/job.php?job_id=174155 and then you can choose language in the top right corner. Click apply job above the advert to apply. Then fill out all the fields, be aware that one is mandatory, this is “candidate attributes”, once this is filled out you will be able to apply.
- Job City Burkina Faso, Mali