The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 implementing programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recovery of livelihoods of disaster-affected populations through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions and emergency response.
Hygiene Promotion Assistant is responsible to support the implementation of rapid emergency response of hygiene and sanitation promotion and water supply activities by using appropriate hygiene promotion approaches, with required standard and principles, and level of participation. The position holder is also responsible for beneficiary selection & verification, community mobilization, proper management resources under the project.
Duty Station: Mada Walabu, Bale
Contract Duration: Until December, 2020 with possibility of extension.
Education: BSc Degree/Diploma in Environmental Health or Public Health
Work Experience: 1 year experience for BSc holders and 3 years’ experience for Diploma holders.
NGO experience is plus.
Skills and Competencies:
- Hygiene promotion experience in local community and emergency context.
- Experience of community mobilization and NFI distribution.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Good command spoken and written English, Amharic and Afaan Oromo.
- Basic computer knowledge (word, excel).
- Preference will be given to qualified female candidates.
- Job City Mada Walabu, Bale, Oromia