NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
ICLA Intern – Maiduguri (Nigeria Nationals Only)
Nigeria, Norwegian Refugee Council
NRC is looking for an ICLA Intern for our field office in Maiduguri Borno State in North-East Nigeria. The Purpose of the Internship program is to offers fresh graduates and students the opportunity for career exploration and development; but also offers NRC the platform to bring new ideas and energy into their workplace, develop talent and potentially build a pipeline for future full-time employees
The ICLA Intern reports to the ICT Technical Assistant.
Duties and responsibilities
- Adheres to and supports the implementation of NRC ICT policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies and guidelines
- Participate in the Implementation of the ICLA project through supporting in the facilitation of HLP training, information sessions, and counseling sessions
- Learn and understand the proper filing of documents as required
- Assist in the distribution of materials according to procedures
- Actively assist in the Implementation of the legal assistance programs including possible resolution of HLP disputes through CDR and identity documentation activities innovatively in line with the Nigerian context
- Ensure and maintain transparency in the implementation of assigned projects
- Perform any other duties as requested by the ICLA Assistant
– Logistics processes, procurement, warehousing, ICT, assets management, fleet management
– HR/Admin processes
– Finance processes – documentation of processes, compliance issues
– Staff safety and security – first aid, security information sharing, behaviour in insecure environments, standard operating procedures
- Bachelors’ degree in Law or any relevant discipline
- Documented experience in related to network management and cloud networking
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian context (internet services, Networks, software/hardware authentication)
- Office organization skills, Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English, Hausa is an asset
- Handling an insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Communicating with impact and respect All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
We can offer
- Commencement: December 2019
- Duration: 6 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Maiduguri with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
- Job City Maiduguri