|Position Title||ICT Assistant|
|Duty Station||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia,|
|Classification||General Service Staff, G5|
|Type of Appointment||SVN, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Posting Period||22.05.2019 – 05.06.2019|
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Resources Management Officer, and direct supervision of the IT Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the administration and provision of technical support to the IOM Addis Ababa Local Area Network and end-users of the Mission.
- Installation, maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting of the LAN and WAN systems.
- Provide day to day direct technical support to end-users.
- Maintain internet connectivity and mission exchange server (for e-mail).
- Administering local Email Accounts – add, delete and edit users account from the system.
- Diagnose system errors, troubleshoot and repair software application problems.
- Daily monitoring of the system – disk space, events log.
- Install software and help guide end users through customized business applications.
- Establish and maintain a data backup scheme.
- Liaise with external service providers and contractors (Communication, internet services, and connectivity, software and hardware providers).
- Liaise with ITC Manila and Geneva as per need in order to support ITC Systems
- Develop where necessary and provide training to staff/users to ensure productive use of existing and new systems.
- Assist in administering the security of various network components by providing users with necessary access to their respective LAN and Communication systems
- Maintain the highest level of computer customer service.
- Assist in planning, defining, expressing ICT related needs and in procuring ICT equipment and software.
- Maintain up-to-date inventories and tracking systems for fixed assets and supplies.
- Maintain and Support the IP PBX System.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent combination of relevant academic qualifications and extensive progressively responsible technical experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in LAN/WAN networking environment with ability to design and configure networks.
- Working knowledge of: Windows Server 2008/2012 software in a multi-site environment, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, TCP/IP Protocol, AD, DHCP, DNS, WINS, Cisco Router Configuration, Windows 8 & 10 administration MS Office 2013 and MS Office 365.
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting Lenovo, Canon, Kyocera and Cisco Network Devices.
- Experience in working in an International Organization.
- Thorough knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of local language is advantageous.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM (optional depending on position level)
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address [email protected], by June 05, 2019 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply
- Job City Addis Ababa