Family Location Type
This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants.
Procedures and Eligibility
Interested candidates should consult the relevant paragraphs in the PPAL for further information on procedures and eligibility.
Duties and Qualifications
The incumbent works under the direct supervision of a Senior Officer and the technical supervision of an ICT Officer at Sub Branch, Regional level. S/he has working relationships with UNHCR staff members in the office and other offices within the country as well as with staff of UN agencies and other UNHCR partners to exchange information and to provide assistance.
- Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
- The network (LAN) is properly maintained.
- ICT incidents are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Monitor and maintain the LAN, Network Servers, Routers, Printers, LAN Points, and Switches, Patch panels, Access points, to prevent faults occurring.
- Ensure that ICT problem recovery is done as quickly as possible and make regular system back-ups.
- Assist with the installation of the software packages, basic repair/maintenance of computer hardware and telecom equipment.
- Train UNHCR staff on email system, utilization of VHF handhelds, telephone system. Radio communication training to new IP staff and package police in the field.
- Distribute incoming cables, messages and other communication in accordance with established instructions.
- Add and remove users from the Networks.
- Maintain the inventory of ICT equipment and keep track of movements of ICT equipment.
- Select the most efficient and economic means for the transmission of messages, taking into consideration the nature and priority of communications to be transmitted.
- May attend telephone calls and keep records of such calls.
- Carry out administrative duties, within the area of competence as assigned.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Decide on appropriate resolution to incidents.
- Escalate incidents where they cannot be resolved at the office level.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/ certificate in Telecommunication and Information Technology.
- Minimum 3 years of previous relevant experience in the ICT field.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
- *In office where the working language is not English, very good knowledge of UN working language of duty station and working knowledge of English.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
Competencies as defined in Job Profile
- Knowledge of English is mandatory
- Additional Information
- A written test will be conducted for this position which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
Method of Application
Interested staff members should consult the Policy and Procedures on Assignments of Locally recruited Staff (IOM/49-FOM/50/2012 dated 15 June 2012). If you have questions regarding your eligibility, you may also contact the HR Unit.
An applicant who has internal status is a staff member holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment in any duty station in the country. Former UNHCR General Service staff members, having held an indefinite or fixed-term appointment for an uninterrupted period of at least one year may apply for internally advertised vacancies at their previous grade or equivalent or one grade above, if the seniority requirements are met, for a period of two years following separation.
External Candidates: External candidates must meet the essential minimum requirements of the position and candidates who are not citizens of the country must comply with all eligibility requirements for employment in line with the prevailing legislative prerequisites in the country.
Remuneration: A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: http://icsc.un.org
Submission of Applications:
Please use the links below to read more about the position and apply appropriately.
Please log on to your MSRP accounts to complete your application(s)
- Job City Benue