Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s biggest development co-operation organisation and the second biggest organisation in Finland working in humanitarian aid. FCA is a member of the ACT Alliance (ACT), an alliance of faith-based development and humanitarian aid organisations forming one of the world’s largest aid organisations.
Finn Church Aid Kenya is looking for an ICT ASSISTANT – 1 Position
Duty Station: Kakuma / Kalobeyei
Reports to: Program Coordinator
- Under the overall supervision of the Program Coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for providing daily technical support and troubleshooting of all computer systems, tablets, phones and other peripherals with consideration to their needs and requirements.
- S/he will be responsible for ensuring reliable local communications and connectivity between the field office, Teachers Resource Centre and schools.
- S/he will be required to support the adoption and rollout of any new technology required to implement program activities in the areas of operation.
CORE FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all office IT infrastructure is in good working order by both working with external IT and through your own monitoring and maintenance. This includes Laptop computers, desktops, Phone systems, Power Backup Systems, Printing, Internet connections, Local area networks and software used in the program.
- Assess and evaluate the effectiveness of education technology in FCA.
- Work with FCA staff and administrators to identify and implement education technology solutions for instructional and administrative needs.
- Keep an up-to-date inventory of FCA tablets used by teachers. Make sure all user workstations are in good working condition and configured correctly.
- IT Support: Provide application assistance to users that need help in different Microsoft Office apps including Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Provide training and support for staff and students on the use of technology and software.
- Support Country Programmes with their operational IT budgeting needs.
- Ensure data and system integrity by setting up and administrating ICT security systems: anti-virus, backup routines, access controls, firewall and physical security.
- Maintain necessary documentation for system maintenance and follow up appropriate maintenance contracts for all ICT equipment.
- Help develop and maintain IT documentation, processes, and procedures.
- Provide technical guidance and support to FCA staff and learners to resolve technology related issues.
- Supervise the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of hardware, software, and multimedia systems.
- Enhance office IT system through appropriate upgrades and advise operations unit on changes or improvements required.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations regarding education technology and data privacy.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- At least 1 or more IT industry certifications e.g. CISCO, CompTIA A+.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years of experience providing information communications technology (ICT) and administrative support in a development context.
- Experience working with INGOs or other international donor-funded programs a plus.
- A good understanding of how, and the skills needed, to maintain reliable computer systems.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to explain computer and IT concepts to staff who may have very basic IT knowledge.
- Able to effectively manage, operate, repair and maintain PC and local office hardware and software applications.
- Able to set up and manage internet routers, Wi-Fi access points, printers, projectors, scanners.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage a large and diverse workload under pressure.
- Ability to work and contribute as a team member in systems implementations.
- Willingness to work outside regular office hours including weekends when needed.
All qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected] stating the vacancy job title in the subject line
Deadline for receiving applications is 6th February 2023.
FCA will only contact short- listed applicants.
FCA is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. FCA is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Attempts to influence recruitment procedures through phone calls, emails or inducements of any kind will lead to disqualifications
- Job City Kenya