ICT Systems Administrator
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of this position is to ensure the effective planning, design, implementation, and maintenance of mission critical enterprise systems. Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex business systems.
Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application.
Monitors health of systems and provides appropriate recommendations, when required.
Coordinates and validates activities.
Manages user access to, systems, servers, and files.
Administers the set-up of new profiles, creates and updates access permissions and maintains user accounts.
Installs, configures and maintains system hardware and software components.
- Design / Develop
Analyzes, designs, develops, and documents systems to meet business requirements.
- Technical Requirements
Supervises the monitoring procedures and evaluates problems identified by team members.
Determines infrastructure systems specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
Identification of issues regarding impact of and integration with existing architecture, processes and systems.
Provides Level 2 production support to the field.
Supervises the IT Officer Customer Support in the field
Diagnoses escalated problems or escalates, when needed.
Makes recommendations to improve security and participates in investigations as needed.
- Business continuity
Designs and assists in the development of a comprehensive disaster recovery plan both for Karen and the field.
Assists in the development of disaster recovery plans with service providers in regard to enterprise
- Policies, Procedures and Standards
Supports and helps establish systems environment standards.
Works with auditors, security groups, and data owners to make sure of governance, regulations, and compliance to policies and procedures.
- Fast thinker and able to make rational decisions even under pressure
- Fast learner and always a step ahead in terms of IT security
- Team Player
- Committed person
- Able to communicate effectively
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Educational requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field
- Technical Requirement: Technical Training qualifications required: MCSE or MCITP, CCNA, VMware ESXi and VCenter Server administration, Lotus Domino administration, HP Blade System Solutions Support certification or equivalent experience.
- Certification: CISA or CISM certification will be an added advantage
- Experience: At least 3 – 4 years of experience in busy IT office. 2 years as Systems Administration.
- Good working knowledge of office automation applications (Microsoft Office) and
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills. Must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Customer-focused. Must demonstrate a strong willingness to meet the customer’s needs while balancing the organization’s needs and priorities
- Demonstrates eagerness and aptitude for acquiring necessary technical knowledge, skills and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve a client’s needs effectively
- Excellent time-management skills. Able and willing to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in, and contribute to, team building environment
- Must be willing to travel to various locations in Somalia, and to live under harsh conditions
- Must be able to speak, understand and write fluent English
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 15% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: As required
- Job City Karen