Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. The organization started its humanitarian work with the opening of its first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. The organization has been providing life-saving provisions such as food, water and health services for a very significant number of children devastated by severe drought and the subsequent famine.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia aspires that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
Why we need you?
|We are looking for a Project MERA Coordinator who will be responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive Monitoring and Evaluation system for the effective implementation of the project.|
What we provide…
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career!!
As a Project MERA Coordinator, you will be in charge of the following:
- Supporting project colleagues in designing and implementing a comprehensive M&E plan for the project in line with the RBM guide.
- Supporting the project colleagues and partner organizations in the process of developing M&E tools
- Providing technical assistance to project colleagues while undertaking monitoring, evaluation and reporting in line with the identified outcomes, and outputs.
- Initiating and leading joint program supportive monitoring.
- Ensuring the regular collection and capturing of beneficiary data into the PDB.
- Organizing M&E trainings for project staffs and partner organizations in line with the SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia RBM guide.
- Designing ToR for mid-term and summative project evaluations as well as baseline studies and ensuring external assessments attain good quality.
- Guiding and supporting project colleagues in the process of developing strategies to improving project M&E activities;
- Contributing to the wide organizational learning by identifying, documenting and disseminating lessons learned, and good practices.
- Regularly reviewing and improving the project M&E system by seeking stakeholder inputs.
Up for the challenge…
Then check out our criteria’s:
The must haves:
- BA/BSC Degree in Sociology, Economics, Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, or other relevant field; )
- A minimum of 4 years hand-on experience in managing and executing Monitoring and Evaluation activities for donor-funded programs
- Demonstrated familiarity with and understanding of qualitative and quantitative Monitoring & Evaluation methodologies that incorporate rigorous statistical methods, impact evaluation, participatory Monitoring and Evaluation techniques; and developing and implementing M&E plan and Results Framework.
- Proven experience in leading and managing programs and projects
- Oral and written fluency in English and Amharic;
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player
- Excellent understanding of computer applications
- Job City Addis Ababa