IMPORT & EXPORT OFFICER
About the Job
The Import and Export (IMPEX) Officer organizes and monitors custom clearance, import/export, and transportation of goods in Somalia. S/he ensures that the stipulated local and global practices and guidelines are adhered to.
This is a national/resident position based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages all customs formalities as per country regulation and law and according to ICRC regulations
- Determines mode of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates and following the institutional strategies and the objectives
- Prepares shipping documentation, maintains shipping records, and organizes logistics for cargo shipment
- Ensures that the current national and international import/export regulatory requirements are communicated and applied
- Organizes clearing and forwarding for all incoming and outgoing goods by road, sea and air from the different official entry and exit points
- Communicates status of Shipping/ Goods receipt to all concerned parties and provides tracking or shipping history information to customers through the available system
- Manages the Suppliers Requests for transport, cargo handling and storage, and ensures the validation and recording according to ICRC processes
- Processes invoices from the suppliers, and ensures that all supporting documents are available before approval and payment
- Ensures compliance with established financial procedures, especially regarding authorization of expenditure and approvals
- Prepares tenders, evaluates offers, and prepares selection tables and contracts
- Adheres to the reporting and claim procedures in accordance with ICRC guidelines
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- Bachelor`s degree in Purchasing and Supply Management or equivalent qualifications in relevant field of study
- Certification in Clearing and Forwarding
- 5 years’ experience in clearing and forwarding in a busy environment
- Proven knowledge of Customs and Import-Export procedures
- General knowledge on Dangerous goods regulations
- Highly organized with excellent planning skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent command of English language
- Ability to work independently and in a multicultural environment
- Ability to provide from a software data extraction and statistical report
- Solid experience in data management and familiar with various databases/software
- A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
- Training and development opportunities
- A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address [email protected]. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 30th September 2023. Clearly indicate the position title IMPEX Officer Nairobi in the subject line of your email message. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to [email protected].**
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment.