The ILO Evaluation Office/ EVAL is seeking:
A firm to conduct the independent mid-term evaluation of the project COMBATTING SLAVERY AND DISCRIMINATION BASED ON SLAVERY IN MALI
Evaluation period: September – November 2022
Application deadline: 26 August 2022
Type of contract: Service contract
For more details on the evaluation, please see the attached Terms of Reference (ToR). Please note that the dates mentioned in the ToRs are indicative and may be slightly revised if necessary.
The evaluation will be carried out by a reputable consultancy/firm with the necessary expertise to carry out the evaluation. The consultancy firm will coordinate with the evaluation manager, the project team and the stakeholders to carry out the entire evaluation process. It will conduct a desk review of all relevant documents and carry out a field mission to meet key stakeholders. The consultancy firm will prepare the inception report (including methodological elaborations), the first draft and the final report in a timely manner and in accordance with ILO and international standards. The evaluator will conduct the fieldwork and the stakeholder feedback workshop at the end of the assignment. She/he will participate in debriefings with key stakeholders on the main findings and recommendations of the evaluation.
1. A mission inception report written according to the “Checklist No. 3 Writing the inception report” specifying the scope of the evaluation and the evaluation questions, the indicative list of persons to be interviewed, describing in detail the methodology that will be used to answer the evaluation questions including the evaluation tools, detailing the work plan… The inception report will have to be approved by the evaluation manager before starting the fieldwork.
2. A workshop to present preliminary findings to stakeholders at the end of the field mission.
- A first draft of the mid-term evaluation report (maximum 30 pages plus annexes) concise according to the structure proposed (see annex 3) in the ILO evaluation guidelines. The report answering the different questions and analysis details listed below, will be sent to the evaluation manager.
– Cover page with key project and evaluation data – Acronyms – Executive summary – Project description – Purpose, scope and clients of the evaluation ; – Methodology used and its constraints and limitations; – Clearly identified results for each evaluation criterion – Conclusions; – Recommendations (between 8 and 12 relevant recommendations; specify addressees of recommendations, level of priority (low, medium, high), time implication (short, medium, long term), resource implication (low, medium, high) – Lessons learned and good practices; – Annexes (including ToR; matrix of evaluation questions, list of people met, documentation consulted; evaluation timeline, table of results by planned and achieved indicators with short comments for each, and lessons and good practices against ILO/EVAL format; etc.);
4. A summary of the final report of the mid-term evaluation (EVAL format), to be sent together with the final report to the evaluation manager. This summary should be drafted on the basis of the executive summary.
5. A final report of the evaluation following the same structure required for the draft version
All reports, including annexes, should be written in French. The final report should be a maximum of 30 pages (excluding annexes). The quality of the report will be assessed on the basis of EVAL/ILO checklists 5 and 6. The ownership of the evaluation data belongs to the ILO. The copyright of the evaluation report belongs exclusively to the ILO. Use of the data for publication and other presentations may only be made with the written consent of the ILO. Key stakeholders may use the evaluation report appropriately, in accordance with its original purpose and with appropriate acknowledgements.
Applicants interested in this call for expressions of interest should provide the following information:
- Description of the skills, qualifications and experience of the firm and evaluator showing how these best meet the qualifications required for this position,
- A list of previous independent evaluations that are relevant to the context and subject matter of this call, clearly indicating the role played by the firm’s consultant,
- The firm and especially the candidate evaluator must demonstrate expertise and capacity to conduct project/programme evaluations, particularly within the UN system and or with international development organisations,
- A statement from the firm and the applicant attesting to their availability to participate in the independent mid-term evaluation on the dates specified and a proposed daily professional fee expressed in US dollars.
- A copy of the applicant’s curriculum vitae (which should include information on the applicant’s qualifications).
- A statement that the candidate has not been involved in the design and implementation of the project in question or has a close personal relationship with ILO officials working directly on the project in Mali.
- The names of two reference persons (including telephone and e-mail) to be contacted.
The deadline for submitting an expression of interest in conducting the independent mid-term evaluation is 26 August 2022, by close of business (5:30 pm GMT). Please send an email with the subject line “Independent mid-term evaluation of the DRL project” to [email protected].