SCOPE OF ROLE:
The ICT Officer will be working in close collaboration with the ICT Coordinator and other Key stakeholders within the organisation. The successful candidate will also be required to work with the regional and global ICT teams. The holder of this position will be providing full support for all programmes within the country office in all things IT. The availability of internet and critical nodes such as agresso, sharepoint and Onenet in all field offices and the country office is key in the operation of the organisation, the ICT officer should therefore ensure that these nodes and network are always available within the different offices at all times, except in situations that are beyond his/her control.
(a) Higher National Diploma in any IT-related field (Computer Science, Computer Networking, Programming, and Information Systems) required.
(b) Desired certifications include Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA or equivalent, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or equivalent
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* At least 3 years’ experience with IT hardware & Software including builds, repairs and upgrades of user equipment.
* Provide ICT hardware and software support to all project locations by:
(a) Establishing and managing networks, where applicable.
(b) Installing new software.
(c) Repairing computers and laptops as required.
(d) Maintaining printers and other peripherals in good working order.
(e) Troubleshooting problems finding quick and cost-effective solutions.
* Support in analyzing ICT issues, aiming to improve these processes with new or upgraded software or systems.
* Support the management of ICT related assets through budgeting, procurement and tracking.
* Ensure the security and integrity of all programme information systems and data.
* Enforce and develop, if appropriate, relevant guidelines and policies e.g. online security, passwords, back-up procedures, anti-virus solutions, etc.
* Provide appropriate ICT and communication equipment training for SCI staff, through one-to-one coaching and general sessions. This may include basic introduction to Windows and Office applications, e-mail and internet use, intermediate use of Office applications, backups, software installation, simple repairs, use of SCI services, etc
* Monitor developments and usage of communication equipment, applicable to the local situation, and make recommendations to the relevant people and departments within SCI, in order to ensure SCI is making the most cost effective use of available technologies within budgetary constraints.
* Perform well in emergency environment and normal situation.
* Ability to work independently to a high professional standard.
* Sensitive to the cultural & political environment.
* Prepared to work and live in challenging surroundings.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Months
Closing Date: 10th July, 2020
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
* Candidates should know that Save the Children is no longer using for job advert and therefore candidates should apply through the links that will be provided by Careers.sl.
* Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
* Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document and include your current remuneration and salary expectations for this role.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- Job City Freetown