JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Information Communication Technology Officer (ICTO) _ 1 Position
40 hours per week
November 22nd, 2022
December 9th, 2022
About Healthcare Foundation Organization (HFO) was founded in 2015 in South Sudan over 7 years ago and has built a long-term, local presence in Equatoria Region (Central Equatorial State, Upper Nile Region (Jonglei State, Fangak, and Canal/Pigi Counties), Unity State, Rubkona, Guit, and Leer Counties) and Bahr El Ghazal Region (Northern Bahr El Ghazal, Aweil East County) & Warrap State, Twic East, and Gogrial East Counties). Regional Office in Sudan with HQ in Khartoum, White Nile State, and Blue Nile State respectively. Our Country team of advisors uses their specialist expertise in Health, Nutrition, Protection, Food Security, Education and Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene. We work in the above States to support over 300,000 poverty-fighting developments and humanitarian aid projects.
HFO has been working in South Sudan since 2017 and is currently working in four States. Our services are in line with Humanitarian core policies and are tailored for specific South Sudan organizations, initiatives, and regions. HFO would like to implement an anticipated Program. For more information, please visit HFO’s website at www. hfo-ss.org We wish to recruit interested and qualified applicants (South Sudanese national only) for the following position:
OUR VISION STATEMENT
HealthCare Foundation Organization (HFO) inspires hope and contributes to health and well-being by providing the best care to every community through integrated clinical practice and education toward self-reliance.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
HealthCare Foundation Organization (HFO) exists to inspire, empower and transform communities to move towards self-reliance through the provision of holistic social services and development assistance to the people of South Sudan and Sudan.
1. PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The primary focus of this opportunity will be to support the evolving ICT needs of the Healthcare Foundation Organization for staff and systems as we continue our improvement journey.
2. JOB SPECIFICATION
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Information Communication Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Business Information Technology, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Demonstrated a high level of professional competence and outstanding management qualities in computerized information systems.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills.
3. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Performing system backups and recovery
- Conducting server builds
- Participating in the preparation of specifications for various telecommunication equipment and systems iv. Monitoring operating system software and servers
- Participating in the implementation of the computer systems
- Providing user support, including training users
- Performing technical, systems, and user documentation tasks.
- Test and evaluate all new technology e.g., database systems.
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment
- Enhance office IT system through appropriate upgrades and advise on changes or improvements required.
4. JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Must have worked for 2-5 Years in the same field of ICT either with a Company, NNGO, INGO, and any other relevant recognize Institution.
- Previous ICT experience in supporting users’ devices, their use of key applications, and working with systems to resolve problems and anomalies in their use.
- Demonstrated Skills and Competencies: Demonstrated a high level of professional competence and outstanding management qualities in computerized information systems.
- Language Skills: Fluency in English and Arabic is a requirement; Proficiency in another local language is an advantage. The ability to both speaks and present information to a high standard in the English language.
- Experience in developing reports or using existing information sources to inform operationally or support service areas will be required.
- Being a pro-active team player with the ability to work under a high degree of pressure including meeting unpredictable deadlines and dealing with conflicting demands.
- A solution focussed approach to problems and experience in using established escalation routes in achieving this.
- Experience in supporting change initiatives across service areas, including those relating to processes, information, or the impact on service users.
- Experience in using Social Care systems and data to help support the organization in planning and decision-making.
- Strong customer service skills and a willingness to develop relationships with colleagues in order to facilitate the solution
- Have the required knowledge of the organization’s Website, and have the ability to update and maintain the data as preferred by the organization.
5. HFO STATEMENT:
- HFO staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the HFO Code of Conduct and Ethics, HR Policy Manual, Prevention from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy, GBV, and Child Safeguarding Policies.
- In accordance with these values, HFO enforces policies on beneficiaries, partners, and services providers to protect the Vulnerable groups from being exploited and to ensure a safe environment free from harassment.
- Applications should be addressed to Human Resource & Administration Manager by quoting the vacancy number not later than December 9th, 2022 @ 5.00 PM.
- Applications received after this date will not be considered and submitted using the email address: [email protected] and copy [email protected]
- Due to limited internet space, HAND DELIVERY of Applications is allowed, and please find the address of the HFO Office below this advert.
- Hand delivers to HFO security Guard in Tongpiny, off the Catholic University of South Sudan.
- Due to the urgency of these positions, applicants WILL BE selected on a rolling basis and before the dateline.
- Qualified female applicants are particularly and strongly encouraged to apply!
HFO Employment statement: Healthcare Foundation Organization (HFO) provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, or marital status.
@HFO HR & Administration department 2022