Job Title: Technical Advisor II – PCS
Reports to: ICYD STA
Salary Grade: 10
* **This position is contingent on fundng ***
A key objective of ICYD is to strengthen the capacity of 4-6 local partner organizations to become direct prime recipients of USAID/Uganda by the end of Year 2, after which they will continue to provide critical OVC services in a sustainable manner. As Institutional Development Advisor (IDA), you will provide technical advice, guidance, and support in the area of institutional capacity strengthening of partner local organizations in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices.
Your technical knowledge, advice and guidance will contribute to determining how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS’ ICYD and localization programming is within Uganda and globally. You will oversee project partner institutional capacity needs assessments, and ensure the development, implementation and monitoring of institutional development plans specific to each local partner organization through the end of Year 2. In Years 3-5 of the project, you will oversee project technical assistance provided to local OVC service providers to ensure the organizational health needed for quality, sustainable OVC service delivery.
* A Master’s degree in development, organizational development, public administration or another relevant subject required.
* Minimum of ten years of work experience, with progressive responsibilities, in project management in the development context with international organizations or health programs.
* Minimum of five years relevant international working experience in organizational development and capacity strengthening within a development context.
* Demonstrated understanding of capacity strengthening/institutional development principles and approaches, including capacity building, institutional strengthening and accompaniment.
* Experience in mentoring, coaching, facilitation and training applying adult learning principles and practices for capacity strengthening and partnership building through formal and informal methods.
* Expertise in the development and effective application of capacity strengthening tools and approaches resulting in increased organizational capacity and performance.
* Demonstrated results from capacity strengthening and technical assistance to local organizations and/or government, including quantifiable capacity and/or performance milestones achieved; demonstrated success facilitated transition of activities and resources to local organizations.
* Demonstrated experience and skills to represent the organization at the highest levels at meetings with donors, government, international NGOs, local partners — faith-based and civil society; experience working with large donors, USAID and PEPFAR preferred.
Travel — Willing and able to travel within the country approximately 40% of the time.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: TBD
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
- Job City Kampala