Call for Expression of Interest for Internship Program
The International Institute for Primary Health Care – Ethiopia (IIfPHC-E) has the strong ambition to become a Center of Excellence in PHC (Primary Health Care) and serve as a knowledge hub and a learning platform at the regional and global levels. Its establishment was necessitated by the growing demand from other African countries to learn from the experiences of the Health Extension Program of Ethiopia. To this end, the Institute is expected to play a key role in strengthening Ethiopia’s PHC system and meeting the SDGs for health by serving as a global resource for PHC, building capacity through training and information sharing, carrying out health systems implementation research and contributing to the global advocacy for UHC through PHC.
About the program
The internship program for IPHC-E aims at attracting talented and highly motivated young people to share their new innovative ideas, perspectives and research experience in IPHC-E strategic theme areas. This program provides an opportunity for interns to complement their academic knowledge with hands-on experience at the organization. It also adds the opportunity to work with a variety of highly qualified nationally and internationally known professionals in the fields of primary health care and public health. Through this program, the interns will contribute to the institutes’ efforts to create a resilient primary health care and to achieve Universal Health Coverage by 2030. IPHC-E–Ethiopia has a position for qualified interns for a period of 6 months, starting 15 February, 2022.
General purpose of the program
By joining the program, Interns can:
- apply their classroom learning in professional environments
- Establish critical networking connections
- Gain coveted work experience
The Institute can:
Role and Responsibility
The following list is not meant to be an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties may be assigned as needed:
- Support the planning and preparation for hosting international conference on primary health care
- Support and participate in different workshops and trainings hosted by the institute
- Draft and consolidate various documents (articles, factsheets, reports, concept notes etc);
- Assist in the organization of events and forums;
- Assist with public relations and social media;
- Draft responses to inquiries;
- Assist the Heads of the four strategic thematic areas, as needed.
The Interns will work under the supervision of the Acting Executive Director, Director of Programs and the Heads of strategic thematic areas, in line with the duties assigned at hand. One Intern serves as the ‘Lead Intern’ and could help with the Interns training and keeping them on task.
Required number: Five
Service duration: 6 months’ full time
Remuneration: Not applicable
Starting Date: 15 February 2022
Program Eligibility Criteria
There are two eligible groups for this program
- Post graduate students in the field of Public Health both from Public and accredited Private Institutes.
- Graduates of health science from Public institutes who don’t have a concurrent job at the moment and who are less than six months since graduation
- Excellent organizational, time management and strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to multitask, to work flexibly and meet tight deadlines;
- Attention to details and proven ability to work independently and effectively with minimum supervision;
- Networking skills to engage with key internal and external partners;
- Computer proficiency: MS Office Eligibility and skills Education:
- Fluency in written and spoken Amharic and English.
- Fluency in French is desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants are required to submit non-returnable copy of their application letter and credential to the human resource division 1st floor room number 103 within 10 days after the date of vacancy announcement or send by [email protected].
Address: Consortium of Christian Relief and Development Association (CCRDA), Akaki Kality Sub City, Tel 0114390322, P.O. Box 5674, Debreziet road, adjacent to the Kality Ring Road round about, in front of Drivers and Mechanics Training Center.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
NB: Please make sure you are eligible for a call and note that we will check credentials during the submission of your application. Applicants who are not eligible will not be contacted.
This program is not intended for candidates who have enrolled into other internship programs or with a paying job at the moment.
This is not a paying position.
- Job City Addis Ababa