UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
The internship is learning and working opportunity that targets fresh graduates. The intern will assist the Procurement Officer and support the Ethiopia Multi-Country Office (EMCO). The intern will be exposed to practical learning and working experiences that foster development of his /her path. The Intern will work full time and follow the same working hours as UNOPS employees.
- Specification revision, preparation of solicitation documents and evaluation of bids
- Contract management and Documentation
- Logistics Management & Support
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
The Procurement Intern will have the opportunity to learn and work on how to:
- Facilitate filing of contract documentations, and ensure completeness of files per their respective checklist
- Assist in the preparation of reports, solicitation documents and contracts
- Assist in bid evaluation and price/quotations comparison analysis;
- Assist in the receipt, verification and acceptance of goods and services procured on behalf of partner organizations,
- Assist in the collection of customs clearing, fund transfers and permits review of payments and verify completeness of the documents and adherence to internal procedures,
- Assist in the handover of procured items to partners
- Assist in updating asset record and periodical verification; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management is required.
B. Work Experience
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience.
- Applicants should have graduated from the above stated fields within three (3) years prior to the applications date of the internship.
C. Language Requirements
- Fluency in written and oral English and local language is required.
- Job City Addis Ababa