Japan Center for Conflict Prevention (JCCP) is an International NGO based in Japan and with presence in the Middle East and Africa. Our organization specializes in implementing a wide variety of projects, ranging from community security and safety, research and training in peace and security, protection of war-affected population, prevention of and response to gender-based violence, livelihood empowerment, and peace building programs with a strong focus on capacity-building of communities and stakeholders affected by conflict. In Kenya, JCCP is a duly registered NGO and has been actively implementing programmes focusing on peace and conflict prevention since 2008.
JCCP Kenya is in the process of looking to engage a competitive consultant who will provide designing and translating services of IEC material on UNSCR 2250 youth peace and security.
1. The Scope of Consultancy Services for UNSCR 2250 involves the following;
The selected consultant is required to elaborate simplified version of UNSCR 2250 to be designed in English and Swahili version:
1) The information should include Five Pillars of UNSCR 2250
2) Translation of Swahili version should be in line with the English version
3) Language should be simple and easy understood by the ordinary person
4) The person who will translate the material should avoid sheng, slang or abusive language
2. Deliverable and Time Frame
Outline draft of the simplified version of UNCSR 2250
Outline revision based on comments from JCCP and finalization
Design and translation
Revision based on comments from JCCP and finalization
3. Consultancy payment**
This will be a fixed term contract with payments based on certified satisfactory deliverables. The 1st Installment of 30% fee payment will made upon submission of approved designing UNSCR 2250 and the final 70% payment made upon satisfactory completion and submission of the final materials.
4. Required Experience
· Experience in material design
· Fluent English and Swahili languages, including translation skill
· Conversance with UNSCR 2250 is an added advantage
The interested consultant should submit the following documents;
· Tax compliance certificate
· Personal Pin Number
· Curriculum Vitae
· Samples of past work
The expression of interest (both technical & financial proposal) clearly marked “JCCP designing of UNSCR 2250” in the subject line and address “JCCP Tender Committee”. Send to: [email protected]
Closing date for submission of proposals: 16th August 2019 at 10.00am
Only those who will be pre-qualified will be contacted by JCCP procurement committee.
Kindly note: Canvassing will lead to disqualification and blacklisted for future engagements.
- Job City Nairobi