The IT User Support Officer provides support to end-users, internal users, or partners. Serves as the liaison between the IS department and the end user on issues related to desktop computers, laptops, printers, network connectivity and remote access. Also, provides first line support to end users for PC, server or mainframe applications, and hardware. Simulates or recreates a process to resolve operating difficulties and may interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems. Prepares PCs for deployment and provide education and/or training to end user. Handles basic support of hardware, applications and operating systems, technical consultation and networking.
In addition to established IT Support functions, this position will oversee maintenance and updating of the EMPOWER project website.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides first line support to end users for PC, server or mainframe applications, and hardware through troubleshooting. Simulates or recreate processes to resolve operating difficulties and recommending system modifications to improve performance. Interacts with networking services, software systems, and applications as appropriate for problem resolution. Prepares PCs for deployment and provide education and/or training. Assists in supporting and training company users about online communication services and client hardware and software operating environments. Serves as a productive project team member by completing assigned tasks. Performs software installations on company computers and configures applications as specified. Responds to help desk hotline and maintains accurate information within the IS tracking system. Write the programming code, either from scratch or by adapting existing website software and graphics packages to meet EMPOWER’s project requirements Create website layout/user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITIES, EXPERTISE AND COMPLEXITY:
- Working knowledge and understanding with a variety of technologies to effectively support end- users.
- Understands basic operation of functional units.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with a broad range of end-users and use various technical resources to provide support.
- Demonstrates ownership of customer issues and independently seeks solutions.
- A willingness to increase knowledge and update skills as required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of staff, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public.
- Ability to multi-task and self- motivate through assignments and routines.
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Other certifications such as ITIL, MCSE, A+, N+
- 2-3 years of experience providing end-user phone support for current PC desktop and application software OR installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing personal computers in a network environment.
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Solid understanding of how web applications including security, session management, and best development practices
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and data entry/accounting systems.
- Vocational or specialized training.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other handheld devices.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
- Job City Zomba, Malawi