IntraHealth International is a non-profit organization based in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, U.S.A. dedicated to working with developing countries to improve their public health capabilities
The Laboratory Manager is responsible for planning, implementing and maintaining the center’s core functions in order to meet all customer and third party requirements.
- Provide advice to those requesting information about the choice of tests, the use of the laboratory service and the interpretation of laboratory data
- To supervise and oversee the technical functions of the Kenya HSDSA HIV Laboratory.
- To assist and advise the Health Systems Strengthening Advisor in technical matters pertaining to the Kenya HSDSA HIV Laboratory
- Serve as an active member of the medical staff for those facilities served.
- Monitor all work performed in the laboratory to determine that reliable data are being generated in the laboratory.
- Provide effective and efficient administration of the medical laboratory service, including budget planning and control with responsible financial management, in accordance with institutional assignment of such responsibilities.
- Provide educational programs for the medical and laboratory staff and participate in the educational programs of the institution
- Plan and direct research appropriate to the Kenya HSDSA HIV Laboratory.
- Select and monitor all referral laboratories for the quality of service in conjunction with the quality officer.
- Identification and addressing of complaints, non-conformances and corrective actions.
- Advise and assist in various developments and review of policies and programs of the Kenya HSDSA HIV Laboratory
- Planning, issue orders or instructions provide leadership, enforce discipline, handling grievances, controlling outputs, maintaining work conditions and preserving records.
- Implement a safe laboratory environment in compliance with good practice and applicable regulations.
- Accountable for the implementation of the quality management system.
- Coordinating the planning and implementation of training workshops and seminars.
- Scheduling of organizing of management review meetings in consultation with the quality officer.
- Compilation and distribution performance reports for Management review
- To perform any other duties as assigned by the Health Systems Strengthening Advisor from time to time.
- BSc degree in Laboratory Science plus two years post qualifying experience.
- Knowledgeable of Quality Management Systems
- Demonstrated managerial ability
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft packages)
- Previous experience in quality assurance will be an added advantage.
- Job City Nairobi