African Services Committee-Ethiopia (ASC) is a non-profit humanitarian organization, founded in 2003 in Ethiopia and which has been registered and licensed by the Agency as a Foreign Charity bearing the number 0737. ASC currently operates in three regions of Ethiopia namely, Addis Ababa, Oromia (Zeway) and Tigray (Mekele) providing free of charge comprehensive HIV/AIDS prevention, care and ARV treatment, Sexual and Reproductive Health/Family Planning services, TB & STI testing and treatment, Care and Support Services for OVCs and PLHIV with comprehensive laboratory investigation services. In addition we have a well-established youth resource and recreational centers located in the clinics.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Working on Rapid Blood Testing for HIV/AIDs
- Working on CD4 Cell count testing for PLHIV
- Control laboratory activities, diagnostic kits and reagents.
- Motivation of Group Work.
- Draft technical reports in line with program needs
- Realize other functions as attributed
Length of Contract: One year with possible extension
- Diploma in Laboratory Technician from recognized university or college
- Minimum of two year experience in clinical Laboratory preferably in ART Health facilities
- Certified in CD4 Cell Count Laboratory training.
- Training on HIV Testing on new national algorism
- Knowledge on laboratory quality management system
- Experience developing technical documents and reports
- Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills with attention to details
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, in English and Amharic
- Proficiency in basic computer skill including the internet
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above minimum requirements are invited to send their applications, C.V. and non-returnable photocopies of their credentials to: African Services Committee, P.O. Box 9377, Addis Ababa
All applications should be received within 10 days of this advertisement.
Our policy highly encourages and favors female applicants to apply and be considered.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
- Job City Addis Ababa