Position: LIVELIHOOD MOBILIZER
Department: Project Implementation
Direct Hierarchy: FSL OFFICER
Location: Baidoa, South West State
Starting date: February 2023
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Livelihood Mobilizer position to be based in Baidoa, Somalia.
The LIVELIHOOD MOBILIZER will be responsible for the needs assessment and implementation of food security activities in the area. He/she will also be in charge as assigned to him/her by Project Officer for all FSL in target communities. FSL Activities is done in close collaboration with FSL program team, the local community, the Local authority, and other relevant agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Project Implementation
- Liaise with communities, beneficiaries, and local authorities.
- Carry out beneficiary identification and selection.
- Carry out beneficiary training and sensitization.
- Assist with weekly and monthly planning.
- Carry out daily implementations of field activities.
- Carry out assessments.
2. Supervision and Training
- Directly supervise the Community Volunteers
- Develop and implement capacity building plans for community volunteers.
- Develop and implement context specific training guides on hygiene promotion for community volunteers.
- Develop clear plan for community water tracking.
3. Protection mainstreaming.
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines to the target group
- Provide timely reports on the field trips, monitoring visits and assessments to the Project Officer.
- Assist with weekly and monthly reporting to the Project Officer.
- Keep the Project Officer- FSL regularly updated on all issues related to the project activities.
- Compile weekly, monthly, and other ACTED substantial reports as may be required, including donor reports.
- Any other duty as may be requested by your supervisor.
- Integrate FSL into primary activities.
- Work with ACTED management and support staff to comply with rules and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Community Development public health and Rural Livelihoods or related field.
- At least 2 years of work experience in a similar field; former experience with humanitarian organizations is an asset.
- Good English communications skills (both oral and written) and report writing skills.
- Strong team player of high integrity, pleasant personality, ability to work under least supervision and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent team management skills
- Strong people management and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Qualified Somali Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to [email protected] and received on or before 5.00PM on 14th February 2023 with the subject line “LIVELIHOOD MOBILIZER – Baidoa”
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage. (Please note that the applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and may be closed before the last day)
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.