Akros is a cutting-edge organization that establishes data-driven systems that improve the health and wellbeing of disadvantaged communities. We pride ourselves in our ground-level knowledge of the health systems where we work, and our ability to provide novel, lasting solutions implemented in developing regions.
Akros Research is supporting a 3-year Africa CDC program, in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation, to increase Covid19 vaccine uptake in Africa. This initiative, called Saving Lives and Livelihoods, includes multiple components and partners working to procure, distribute, and promote vaccine uptake in a safe manner. As a part of this consortium Akros Research is supporting Africa Union member states in the Eastern and Southern African regions to strengthen COVID-19 vaccine safety surveillance systems.
The Local Consultant in South Sudan will support Akros Research in the implementation and coordination of program activities, ensuring a successful implementation of a SLL programme’s COVID-19 vaccine safety surveillance. The Consultant will actively liaise with key actors within the respective government institutions, other stakeholders participating in the COVID-19 response, and Akros Research senior management to facilitate the realization of program objectives and optimize resource flow.
- Develop collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders (MOH, National Regulatory Authority, WHO, and sub-national levels) to ensure that project activities are highlighted, and good relationships established.
- Coordinate logistics for implementation at provincial, district, and health facility levels (Manage advance requests and ensure all expenditures are in line with set budgets).
- Make follow-ups as necessary with the Member State’s Ministry of Health and National Regulatory Authority to ensure all the required data is collected.
- Identify implementation issues and help to resolve them.
- Maintain regular communication with implementation counterparts at the Ministry of Health and National Regulatory Authority.
- Ensure all forms and records are documented and updated
- Liaise with Akros Research to ensure effective and efficient program delivery and provide detailed reports to project leadership
- Bachelor’s degree (required) or Master’s degree (highly preferred) in relevant field
- 3-5 years of experience with program management
- Strong experience working with the Government’s Ministries of Health, donors, districts and sub-district structures and managing a dynamic team
- Self-starter who will thrive through exemplifying ownership and initiative
- Excellent technical writing, quantitative and critical thinking skills
- Excellent skills computer skills with fluency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Candidate should be highly productive and internally motivated
- Candidate should work well against complex and challenging delivery schedules
- Candidate should be culturally adaptable and sensitive
- National in the Member State preferred
This position is contingent upon securing and maintaining program funding. It is also contingent upon donor approval.
Location and Term
This position is short-term not exceeding 20 days and is located in South Sudan. This position is open to local candidates and will involve minimal travel.
This position will report directly to the Country Manager, based in Lusaka, Zambia.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply early. To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV with references to [email protected] with “Application: SLL Programme – South Sudan Local Consultant” as the email’s subject line.