World Vision International
Position locations: United Kingdom, Nepal, Thailand, Singapore, Philippines or Kenya to be determined by home country of successful candidate.
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 34,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Local Level Advocacy Advisor, you will develop and implement Advocacy policy capability enhancement system (including guidelines, processes, competencies, learning assets and learning pathways on EVAC dashboard) and support RO, and FO teams to plan and implement comprehensive advocacy policy influence competency and capability strengthening interventions. You will build up evidences from existing tools and approaches such as Citizen Voice and Action and dashboard to develop policy narrative supported by voices of children and community to influence decision makers at Field and Regional Levels.
- Master’s Degree in human rights or other related field
- Minimum 5 years’ Policy analysis or related experience
- Skill of development of Policy Brief
- 5-7 years, child rights and child protection expertise
- A legal or public policy background that provides the expertise to be able to research, identify and analyse legal and regulatory provisions of the national legal and regulatory codes.
- A network of sector specialists in education, police, health and social work, if needed, to answer regulatory questions pertaining to these services.
- Publication design
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
- Job City Kenya