An international Development organisation seeks to fill the role below
Position Start Date: Immediately
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of all field offices located in the North East (Adamawa, Borno and Yobe). H/She will maintain effective administrative system, which support the logistics and activities of the program, ensure that office equipment is maintained, relevant records are up to date and that all administration processes work effectively. In addition, H/She will support the program operations by maintaining office systems and supervise support staff. This position will be based in Maiduguri with regular travel across Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Logistics Manager will report administratively to the Regional Program Manager – North East in Maiduguri and technically to the Administrative Manager based in Abuja. The Logistics Manager will technically supervise the Logistics Officers based in field offices across the North East states.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Maintains and organize the office operations and procedures; managing the inventory systems; reviewing supply requisitions (stationery, equipment & utility payments)
- Supervise the clerical/support staff (i.e. Logistics officers, Admin assistant, Cleaners, Drivers, etc.)
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment/stationary procurement.
- Vendor Management & Office Administration (Adequacy of Stationary / Provisions / Refreshments / adequacy of Sub Staff) Courier & Dispatch (Inward / Outward / Outstation) / also making record of local maintaining).
- Co-ordination and maintenance of systems related to Housekeeping.
- Managing vendors and keeping track of cycle of all maintenance contracts.
- Maintaining the condition of the office facilities and arranging for necessary repairs
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Coordinate and maintain the office fleet management and efficient use of project vehicles and other transport services in support of program objectives including monthly reviews of logbooks, mileage and fuel consumption.
- Review generator log sheets for field offices. Working with logistics officers to retrieve and review log sheets to including running hours, fuel consumption and refueling procedures.
- Manage the coordination of travel bookings for the office – flights, hotel, airport pick up/drop off
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing and managing budgets for office expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Reviewing and updating Health and Safety Policies and ensuring they are observed.
- Arranging regular testing for electrical equipment and safety equipment or devices
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned by the Administrative Manager or the Operations Manager.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Public Administration or related field is required.
- At least 5 years of general work experience is required.
- 3 years’ relevant experience in logistics management and 2+years supervisory role.
- Experience working on development funded programs be added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated administrative issues.
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria
Method of Application
Qualified applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents to [email protected] by December 20th, 2018:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities; AND
- A cover letter
Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job City Borno