Position: Logistics Manager – Roster Various Countries
Reporting Relationship: Country Representative
Location: to be defined according to needs
Type of contract: medium-term or long-term assignments are possible, according to programme needs
Starting date: according to programme needs
Gross Salary: to be defined according to the candidate’s profile and WeWorld Compensation Policy
Application deadline: 09/04/2023
WeWorld opened this Roster for Logistics Manager with strong experience in humanitarian supply chain. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and the roster will last one year. The shortlisted candidates will become part of a list of professionals who will be contacted in case of necessity, without the need for new competitive processes.
Being part of the list does not guarantee any immediate or future collaborations with WeWorld.
WeWorld is an independent Italian organization that has been working in international cooperation and humanitarian aid for 50 years. It supports people in overcoming emergencies, and it strives to guarantee that everyone can have a decent and dignified life as well as opportunities and a better future. WeWorld works in 27 countries around the world, including in Italy, with more than 120 emergency, humanitarian aid and development projects. Its activities mainly involve women, girls and young people, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world.
The organization operates in several natural and man-made crisis in various regions of the world. The emergency response, coordinated by the Humanitarian Aid Unit, is composed by multi-sectorial interventions comprising of WASH, EiE, CVA, Food Security, Protection, and others. The organization operates also in protracted crisis with provision of humanitarian aid through a prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation approach.
Purpose of the Role
The Logistics Manager is responsible for the proper coordination of mission logistics, ensuring compliance with logistics rules and procedures, and providing the best possible support to projects/programmes. The main roles of the Logistics Manager will be to
– Define, implement and coordinate the logistics strategy and activities
– Support the Country Representatvie in the monitoring of security in the mission
– Design, initiate and implement a training plan for logistics staff with a view to progressive empowerment
– Manages International and National Staff and budget
Main functions and duties
- Ensure that logistics country set up comply with WeWorld policies and donor requirements
- Implement WeWorld’s procurement and logistics systems and procedures
- Ensure procurement activities are conducted as often as required from small procurements to high value procurements
- Ensure Vendor and contract management processes are in place in the Country
- Make arrangements for warehousing and storage to protect supplies and ensure accountability
- Put in place transport arrangements to ensure supplies/people reach the places they are needed
- For imported goods, manage customs processes to ensure Weworld is able to access the goods in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure the fleet is managed by respecting the internal standard and regulations
- Training and support of line managers and staff with logistical responsibilities
- Management of the logistics team
- Establish filing systems/archives in all offices
- Initiate and maintain necessary leases, licenses and contracts with relevant authorities and suppliers
- Provide regular analysis and reports on procurement, fleet management, warehouse and any other duties
- Provide support in case of gaps
- Support the organization in the opening new offices/missions
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field, or as alternative Certification in Humanitarian Logistics or similar, or extensive experience in humanitarian logistics
- Relevant qualifications or training courses desirable
- Fluency in English and French written and oral
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant working experience in emergency context or related fields as Logistics Manager
- Working experience with international NGOs in management of international cooperation projects funded by institutional, private donors and sponsorship programs
- Knowledge of the main donors regulations (ECHO, UN, DEVCO, AICS)
- Experience in logistics management
- Experience in Security Management
Skills and Abilities
- Strong capacity to adapt behaviour to the needs of the situation in dynamic contexts, while dealing with different situations
- Strong flexibility to work in structured and not-structured logistics team
- Capacity to work under stress, autonomously and in problems prevention/resolution
- Proven organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues
- Good communication, negotiation skills and sensitivity in dealing with clusters on critical issues
- Commitment and demonstrated skills to build national staff capacity in the areas of logistics management, supervision and monitoring
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with analytic approach
- Strong interpersonal, management and leadership skills
- Ability to integrate and work well within multi-ethnic and multicultural teams
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills
- Strong commitment to the Mission of WeWorld, genuine interest for humanitarian aid
- Fluency in another language (Arabic, Spanish)
Send CV and Cover Letter via the link.
WeWorld is an equal opportunity organization and will not allow discrimination based upon age, ethnicity, ancestry, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, or any other status prohibited by applicable law. WeWorld has also a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process.
WeWorld commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. WeWorld promotes a welcoming, diverse and discrimination- and harassment-free workplace and expects the highest standards of behaviour from all its staff, who are requested to adhere to the principles and behavioural rules defined in the CoEC and the Organisational Policies.
- Job City Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Tunisia, United Republic of Tanzania