The Mitchel Group, Inc. (TMG), a US-based International Development organization, is the implementing partner of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/Ethiopia’s “Partner Liaison Security Operations (PLSO) Contract. The purpose of the PLSO is to serve as a liaison to and facilitate communications between the USAID/Ethiopia’s implementing partners (IPs) and USAID/Ethiopia to enable the IPs to use and share publicly available information as a decision support mechanism. This will entail proactive engagement on the part of the PLSO, including meetings, site visits, and written communications. The PLSO will assist in the more effective delivery of U.S. Government-funded assistance, as it will enhance the IPs’ ability to stay abreast of security concerns and better secure their operations so that IPs can more aptly perform and advance development objectives under their respective agreements.
This operation will be located in Ethiopia outside the US Embassy Compound. The PLSO will provide security support to USAID/Ethiopia’s IPs operating throughout the country.
Specific Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- The position will provide logistics, transport, and administrative support
- Take charge of the routine maintenance and upkeep of all PLSO assets (e.g. project vehicle, office equipment, etc.).
- Handle all transportation related functions and logistics assistance in the courier and handling of all incoming and outgoing correspondence, maintenance, and routine reporting of PLSO project assets.
- Manage and arrange for all travel and per diem for staff
- Other duties assigned.
Employment Term: One year with the possibility of extension Depending on the availability of Funds
Reports To: Operations Manager
Number required: One (01)
Qualifications, experience, and skills:
- High school degree;
- 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge and robust experience using MS Office applications such as WORD, and EXCEL as well as email – outlook;
- Good verbal and written English skills;
- Excellent critical thinking and organization skills as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Clean driving record and certified drivers licensef
- Experience working with USAID and other international NGOs a plus
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to attach a copy of their CV and cover letter indicating the Position and Duty Station and directed to [email protected] on or before Oct 30th, 2020. Senior Security Analyst position must submit two professional English writing sample.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job City Addis Ababa