About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are seeking a smart, dedicated and analytical or field research professional to be an MEL Associate located in Zomba, Malawi. Overall, the MEL Associate will be responsible for using data to continually improve our operations, and impact on our customers. The MEL department at One Acre Fund operates like an in-house research institution and the results are used first and foremost to inform program decision-making and to rigorously understand impact.
The Malawi Program has been in operation since 2013 and currently serves farmers by providing fertilizer and seed on credit with regular training. The Malawi program also runs a hybrid seed promotion project which serves a large swath of the country. The primary duties for the MEL Associate in Malawi are to ensure that data collection systems are running properly, data analysis is completed with action-oriented recommendations, and MEL staff are continuing to grow professionally.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Goal-oriented survey design, field-testing of survey instruments, and revision.
- Innovate to ensure efficient and action-oriented data collection and results.
- Conduct data analysis and write reports to draw both early and final conclusions and actionable results.
- Work closely with the Field teams to ensure the M&E results and recommendations are understood and acted upon.
- Supervision of local MEL management including Field Coordinators, MEL Specialists, and Data Coordinators which support a team of ~30 full-time enumerators. This will include the following duties:
- Regular mentor-ship of MEL team members through field visits, meetings, and career reviews.
- In-field supervision of key MEL activities, with an eye to “perfect” quality standard.
- Quality-control and supervision of data collection processes.
- Overseeing in-field follow up on errors.
- Oversee the hiring and development of MEL staff.
- Update hiring protocols when necessary and use them to hire top-quality data collectors.
- Conduct regular trainings to improve skills of local MEL leads.
- Appropriately deal with under-performing staff.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. Youll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. Youll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2-3+ years of work experience, and a demonstrated long-term passion for international development. We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates that will help take our organization to the next level of impact and scale. This is a competitive posting for a career-track role with a minimum initial commitment of two years. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong and relevant work experiences such as rural data collection, research or prior field-based MEL work
- Academic or professional experience designing and implementing evaluations/research and analyzing findings
- Solid quantitative skills and experience with statistical software (STATA preferred)
- Ability to multi-task well and meet deadlines consistently
- Masters in International Relations, Public Policy, Statistics or related field preferred but not strictly required
- Positive attitude; oriented towards personal growth and learning. Ability to take feedback well.
- Logical and structured thinker with clear and compelling written communication style.
- Leadership experience at work or outside of work.
- Language requirements – English required, Chichewa desirable
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/b9rvz9h5vdvbzcy5
- Job City Zomba, Malawi