Creative Associates International is a fast-growing, social impact company that specializes in the areas of education, economic growth, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Chevy Chase, Maryland, this global development organization has a field presence is more than 25 countries and a strong client portfolio of that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department. Since its founding in 1977 by four enterprising women, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates International (Creative) seeks a Communications Manager who will be responsible for managing the Trade Hub’s full-time communications staff in West Africa, assigning and monitoring the work of contract staff and freelancers, and working closely with Creative’s Home Office Communications Unit in Washington D.C., to design and implement communications strategies, approaches and outreach materials and activities that effectively promote the Trade Hub program and results to an international and regional audience. The Communications Manager will be based in Accra, Ghana, and will report to the Trade Hub’s Chief of Party. The Communications Manager will work closely with the Creative Home Office team, with the responsibility to manage communications activities across all of the Trade Hub’s implementation locations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the Trade Hub’s full-time communications staff, as well as contractors and freelancers.
- Design and manage the implementation of a comprehensive communications strategy to create, build, and maintain the positive image of the Trade Hub to stakeholders and the public;
- Incorporate required communications activities, outreach initiatives and events into the Trade Hub’s annual workplans to achieve the program’s internal and external communications goals;
- Review and revise communications products for external publication and ensure compliance to the Trade Hub’s Branding and Marking Plan;
- Support and manage the design and development of written, video and other communications materials and in-person activities that promote communication between the Trade Hub and the West Africa-based USAID Missions, including project content suitable for dissemination on USAID channels;
- Support the editing, formatting and use of photos and graphics for USAID quarterly and annual progress reports and other major USAID-required project documents;
- Provide administrative and technical support to outside subcontractors and consultants (such as public relation firms, translators, photographers, videographers, ) who prepare communications products funded by the Trade Hub to ensure quality of content and design and compliance with USAID branding and marking requirements;
- Collaborate with the HQ Communications team on an as-needed basis to produce success stories, PowerPoint slides and other communications materials and tools for external-facing audiences; and
- Resolve and mediate communications difficulties and crises on an on-going
Writing and editing:
- Write and/or review assigned press releases, success stories, features and briefs, social media content, and content for the USAID Bi-Weekly Update, newsletters and quarterly and annual reports; and
- Collaborate with HQ Communications to create and disseminate content through Creative’s
Outreach & events:
- Maintain strong relationships with public relation companies providing technical assistance for the Trade Hub;
- Support in organizing events, inaugurations, and webinars based on the needs of the Trade Hub in collaboration with Trade Hub staff, USAID, local governments, and other stakeholders; and
- Coordinate all communications aspects of in-person events and webinars, including promotion, program content for programs, registration materials and related items; and**Qualifications**
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to communications, marketing, journalism, public relations, or relevant field is Graduate degree is preferred.
- At least 10 years of relevant communications experience and experience managing outreach initiatives, with at least three years in an international developing country context.
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience managing
- Experience in event organization, including webinars.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout West Africa
- Experience working with USAID-funded
- Experience working in promoting private investment and
- Experience managing different social media platforms for organizations and/or
- Problemsolving, stressmanagementandtimemanagement
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,
- Proficient at using graphic design software (ex. InDesign and Adobe PhotoShop)
- Working knowledge of French is preferable.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (gender/race/disability/veteran) and provides equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please view Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- Job City Accra