Purpose of the position:
To provide guidance, mentorship and direction to communities and key partners on the rice and sunflower Value Chain development in a project titled Sustainable Value Chain for Food Security and Poverty Reduction (SVC) Project in Ulaya. This include technical assistance in the form of program/project activities execution for quality and sustainable development.
|1. Effective project implementation|
- Lead periodic Situation Analyses of Local Producers, other players and Market Opportunities exercise through meeting with local economic stakeholders, identification of orders for products, quality and quantity from local producers; identification of key market players & market opportunities and constraints and documenting and report market assessment findings on a continuous basis.
- Facilitate formation of producer groups and conduct training and to build capacity in the Area Program on community engagement and capacity building
- Facilitate formation of Producer Associations and their capacity building and enhancement in participation into rice and sunflower value chains.
- Take lead in carrying participatory Value Chain Analysis with producers in order to improve producers access to markets
- Planning and Implementing Interventions following participatory value chain analysis recommendations with Producer groups, Producer Associations, and other participating players in the rice and sunflower value chains
- Facilitate Value Chain Stakeholder Forums/Network with local economic stakeholders to plan and implement chain-wide interventions and recommendations
- Link suppliers with buyers by working with producer groups to facilitate the direct contact, placement and supply of orders
- Provide mentoring and coaching to producers, producer groups, and Village level ToTs to build local capacity for understanding and connecting with markets
- To coordinate fundraising and value chain financing events and activities together with Vision Fund Tanzania, Agriculture Development Bank and other financial institutions and interested players in rice and sunflower value Chains.
|2. Effective communication and stakeholders relationship|
- Work with Project Coordinator to ensure production and determination of quality project management reports
- Ensure good and health working relationship with Local ToTs and stakeholders and ensure they are well coordinated
- Take lead together with Project coordinator in ensuring updates are given to Local Government Authorities on up-to-date activities implementation and changes
- Stand as key person in coordination between World Vision, farmers, and other local level stakeholders in project implementation
- To ensure other managerial compliances as shall be required by the organization
|3 Effective Project Design Monitoring and Evaluation|
- Take lead in designing, filling and filing monitoring tools/forms
- Ensure effective supervision of Baselines and Evaluation
- Ensure effective integration of Most Vulnerable households and children into the day to day implementation of the project
- Compile and analyze collected periodic monitoring data
- Maintain data information bank
- Participate in designing projects for implementation
- Make sure information on project activities implementation are well stored and filed.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economics and/or Commerce, Agriculture Economics and Agribusiness or any other related fields from recognized and accredited University with at least 1 year working experience in related field.
Masters in Economic Development, Sociology, Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Business or Commerce
Demonstrated experience in market assessment, market analysis, market research or closely related role.
Knowledge of value chain development
Strong understanding of the ‘Making Markets Facilitation”
Experience in working with community based organizations
Strong facilitation skills
Good planning and organizational skills
Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and donors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High integrity.
- Partnering and engaging with stakeholders
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Report writing skills
- Networking and influencing skills.
- Highly reliable and dependable.
- Passion for children.
- Skills in Programming.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and donors
- Computer skills
- Community Facilitation skills
Working Environment / Conditions: