Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria m 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
Short Term Consultancy as an ICT4D Consultant for the 2019 Global Fund supported LLIN mass campaign in 5 states (Kano, Kaduna, Niger, Delta and Taraba).
Terms of Reference
This Terms of Reference (TOR) provides the description and work to be done during the implementation of Long-Lasting Insecticidal Net (LLIN) Mass Campaign across 5 states in Nigeria.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity, or nationality. As CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, strengthening and building the capacity of partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years. Through local partners, CRS has implemented programs in 24 of the country’s 36 states, demonstrating the agency’s extensive grassroots network and significant capacity to reach the rural poor. Focusing on agriculture, emergency response and recovery, and health, CRS is helping to strengthen health care systems, Catholic Church partners, other community-based organizations, and government institutions. CRS’s current projects are improving the lives of more than 1.4 million Nigerians.
CRS has a long and rich history of collaboration with the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund). Since 2003, CRS has been awarded over $290 million in Global Fund resources to implement programs in 27 countries. In Nigeria, CRS is a sub-recipient (SR) on the Global Fund HIV and Malaria grants and has assume the role of principal recipient (PR) for the Global Fund Malaria grant starting January 2018. As PR, CRS will partner with the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP), various state governments, malaria partners and stakeholders to coordinate the 2019 long lasting insecticidal treated nets (LLINs) mass campaigns in 5 states in Nigeria. CRS will deploy ICT4D devices using the Cash and Asset Transfer Strategy during the mass campaigns.
Summary and Purpose of the Consultancy
The ICT4D Unit is tasked with the responsibility of developing, planning, coordinating and implementing the use of Information and Communication Technology in LLIN distribution in Nigeria. This involves the use of android mobile devices, fingerprint scanners, solar chargers and other peripherals to execute LLIN mass campaigns. The ICT4D Unit comprises the ICT4D Specialist who Leads the Team, ICT4D Officers and Consultants who support the ICT4D components and processes during the campaigns.
Objective of the Consultancy
- To provide technical support to all campaign implementers on the use of all ICT4D tools required.
- To ensure effective knowledge dissemination on the use of the Cash and Asset Transfer Strategy through trainings of LLIN mass campaign implementers in selected LLIN Mass Campaign States.
- To monitor the use of digital android devices, fingerprint scanners, and Net card tracking system to carryout household/beneficiary registration, Net card and LLIN distribution at the various designated locations.
- Provide tier 1 level real time support on android devices during trainings and activities on all submitted requests.
- Ensure resolution and closure of all LLIN Mass campaign issues reported using RedMine and other support and communication application.
- Interpret GIS Data to campaign monitors and LGA/Ward level campaign staff to ensure 100% universal coverage.
- Administer biometric time and attendance Tracking profiles and sequence of campaign personnel during trainings.
- Manage campaign personnel changes and capturing of update on the CAT platform to ensure efficient printing and delivery of badges for training and activity authentication.
- Provide monitoring and supervision guidance on identifying household level GIS information to Master trainers.Provide daily coverage details from the CAT platform to inform monitors and ward supervisors on mobilization coverage rate and net card redemption rate during household mobilization and distribution activities.
- Provide effective compliance with the CAT Strategy business processes.
- To provide required technical guidance to ward supervisors, household mobilizers and distribution teams on the use of the android devices, solar chargers and the RR application.
- Identification and detection of anomalies during Net Card distribution and redemption using the real-time monitoring feature of the dashboard as per coverage area of assignment.
- Data collation and management for daily identification of inconsistencies based on generated reports Ensure daily review of campaign processes from the CAT dashboard to LGA and State teams.
Device Provision, Distribution and Inventory:
- Ensure distribution of ICT4D tools to campaign staff following the distribution mechanism. Update device distribution inventory database upon distribution of devices to campaign staff.
- Ensure submission and signing of device security, safety and management document by campaign monitors, master trainers, LGA coordinators, ward supervisors, Household mobilizers and distribution teams before collection of ICT4D tools.
- Ensure provisioning and delivery of Buffer Devices in a case of theft, loss or damage to ICT4D equipment assigned to campaign personnel for an activity.
- To provide required training to campaign team on the following:
CAT Strategy for LLIN Mass Campaign.
Data collection procedure for LLIN Mass Campaign.
Android Device Configuration and setup for LLIN Mass Campaign.
Setup and Configuration of Finger print scanners.
Device power management, safety and security.
Data Entry Dynamics.
Peer to peer and mobile data syncing.
Collecting geo coordinates and Location services.
Net distribution Net Card arithmetic and Net Card tracking.
Updating Net Card details.
Household marking co-relation with digital data.
Personnel information update form (P-3d)
Biometric Time and Attendance Tracking
Qualification and Experience
- Graduates with B.Sc., HND or its equivalent in Computer Science or related field highly preferred
- Previous experience in managing digital data collection processes such as software applications: Red Rose collect, Iform, Commcare, ODK, ONA, Survey 123 and any other electronic data gathering tools. Demonstrable skills/certification in technical manipulation, configuring and troubleshooting a wide range of android mobile devices, tablets, digital data tools and database management information systems (DMIS)
- Excellent knowledge of computer software – MS Office and Excel especially and or other statistical analysis software
- Good grasp of M&E, or any Digital Data tool is highly desirable
- Experience in data collecting techniques
- Demonstrable skills/certification in GIS
- Must be willing to work in any of the selected LLIN Mass Campaign States.
- Prior experience working with an NGO.
- Proven ability of meeting targets and deadlines.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to details and ability to identify gaps.
- Must have an android device and a functional laptop computer.
Schedule of Deliverables
The work will be completed as per the agreed campaign timeline for each state over a period of 2 weeks for microplanning and 60 days for LLIN campaign implementation. The state LLIN Campaigns are schedule between February – December 2019.
Management arrangements and Follow-up
The Global Fund Malaria project unit will provide overall supervision and management of the consultancy. Focal contact person on this consultancy shall be the ICT4D Specialist.
Mode of Reporting
The ICT4D Consultants will report to the ICT4D Officer in-charge. With Overall coordination and technical oversight provided by the CRS ICT4D Specialist.
Key Working Relationships
CRS ICT4D Officers, State Ministries of Health (SMoH) staff, LGA teams, Ward Supervisors, Household mobilizers, Distribution teams, CRS Global Fund Malaria Nigeria Program Team, National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) staff, Society for Family Health (SFH) staff, CRS ICT4D Specialist.
Time and Level of Effort
The ICT4D Consultants will be trained over a specific period and afterwards be deployed to designated State/LGA of assignment. This activity is expected to take place within LLIN mass Campaign implementation schedule for each state between February 2019 – December 31, 2019. The deliverables are expected to be timely and reports should be submitted no later than 7 days after the completed state campaigns.
Location of the Consultancy
The consultancy will take place in any of the campaign states listed above.
Interested candidates should use this link www.mforms.com/ICT4DConsultants to fill in their bio data, other relevant information and also attach their expression of interest (EOI) along with a detailed resume as MS word documents . Deadline for submission is COB (i.e. 5:00pm), Wednesday, February 20, 2019. Only applicants who send in the required format will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Job City Abuja