As MEAL Advisor you contribute to the ambition and values of VVOB in Kenya by being the key person in Monitoring and Evaluation of the programmes. You develop and coordinate the implementation of a MEAL system that facilitates the efficient planning, monitoring and evaluation of the project objectives, results, and activities and you support the capacity development of monitoring and evaluation of VVOB staff and VVOB’s partners in Kenya.
The MEAL Advisor reports to the Country Programmes Manager. You are part of and work closely with your direct Education and M&E colleagues. Furthermore, you work closely together with the Strategic Education Advisors in your country, and with the MEAL Advisor at HQ and external partners.
- Take the lead in monitoring and evaluating project objectives effectively and you ensure lessons are drawn, documented, and disseminated to inform on-going implementation and future programming.
- You provide coordination, technical support, and advice to VVOB Education Advisors and partners in planning of activities.
- Ensure capacity development on M&E of the partners according to the needs of the partner and particular situations and phases of the projects.
- Take part in internal and external working groups, task forces, related to MEAL.
- Coordinate the collection and analysis of M&E data on the effects and impact of VVOB’s projects within the country.
Who are you?
Your expertise and experience
- Master’s degree in statistics, education, social sciences or other relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with the development of indicators, the use of M&E tools and implementation of M&E processes, including data collection methodologies, software and analysis, preferably in international development cooperation.
- Experience with capacity development processes, preferably in the context of educational institutions.
- Research experience is an advantage, preferably with qualitative survey in the education sector.
- Fluent in English.
Nationality: Kenyan national
What we’re offering:
- A full-time contract until 31/12/2026, with the possibility of extension depending on the availability of donor funding
- This position is subject to funding approval
- A dynamic working environment in an international context
- An exciting job in a growing organization with varied responsibilities and opportunities for professional development
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
Read more about the job description on our website. Send your motivation letter and a detailed CV to [email protected] before February 13.