DUTY STATION: GAMBELA
The MEAL officer is backstop for providing technical support for MEAL and Project Managers to help them closely work with project staff and partners in the area of project data/information management. S/he Coordinate and interacts with all project staff to assure program quality, accountability and timelines of activities at all levels. He/ She is responsible to oversee all projects’ activities such as data collection, database management, supportive supervision, and coordination of review meetings and periodic reporting in all targets. S/he is responsible to keep a reliable and quality database at all levels and write quality monthly, quarterly/ biannual and annual project reports.
1. KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
– Closely work with country office project and regional project staff and government counterparts to facilitate recording, reporting and data utilization as appropriate
– In collaboration MEAL manager, support and take initiatives in supporting program team and government counter parts in use of data for decision making, simple analysis techniques using project established soft wares / others soft wares
– Monitor and facilitate regular update of KoBo data collect and Survey CTO database for regular reporting and data utilization.
– Facilitate timely and regular program monitoring in collaboration with project MEAL team
– Coordinate/support documentations of training, review meetings, preparation of case studies, and make sure that all project activities are well documented and trackable
– Coordinate, prepare, and consolidate all reporting (monthly, biannual and annual) activities of the project in collaboration with MEAL manager, program managers, thematic advisors and others as needed,
– Support and ensure project staff prepare annual project work plan/DIP and timely submit for approval;
– Support regional project staff to ensure that project work plan/DIP is harmonized with the indicators performance tacking tool-IPTT
– Monitor timely implementation overall project work plans and budget utilization
– Ensure timely implementation and effectiveness of project related review meetings at different levels
– Ensure that the quality of project supported MEAL training, review meetings and supportive supervisions are maintained;
– Provide monitoring and evaluation training to relevant project staff and government staff engaged in data management and utilization.
– Provides technical support to regional team in project activity monitoring, data organization and utilization and report writing
Monitoring and Supervision:
– Timely review project reports and provide constructive feedback
– Identify and inform new developments in project monitoring and evaluation to project staff
– Undertake regular visits to the field and targeted facilities to support monitoring processes, spot check data collection, data quality, analysis, reporting on program progress
– Closely follow functionality project implementation and accountability mechanism at all levels
– Actively participate in project review meetings to assess progress;
– Keep on track the performance of the region’s activities according to the project plan and inform the project managers if there are deviations from the plan
– Support and ensure that project data are timely collected, entered to database and used for Semi-annual and annual reporting
Documentation and reporting:
– Submit timely monitoring reports, and review meeting proceedings to MEAL Manager for documentation;
– Participate in monthly / biweekly MEAL meeting and prepares meeting minutes with action points for the follow up and documentation
– Performs other related tasks as required
Ensures data quality and compliance with HI standards
– Trains the teams in charge of data collection and processing (HI and partners).
– Implements quality control procedures.
– Ensures the deployment of internal data management standards.
– Contributes to data reporting exercises between Head office and the field.
Supports operational teams in the analysis and use of data
– Produces statistical visualizations and analyses as required, at project and program levels.
– Supports operational teams in the interpretation of their data and its use for decision support purposes.
– Ensures the dissemination of data internally and externally through adapted communication formats.
Put in place mechanisms to ensure the protection of beneficiaries’ personal data
– Carries out a data protection impact assessment on the program.
– Coordinates the implementation of an action plan to strengthen data protection.
– Ensures the security of databases.
Contribute to MEAL sector development as proposed by HQ Innovation, Impact & Information Division.
Contributes to the external representation and promotion of HI’s expertise.
– Upon request, represents HI’s MEAL unit in all relevant networks in its area of operation.
– Collaborate with other HI Program team to ensure regional coherence and representation.
– Contributes towards advocacy on specific subjects (notably through the consolidation of evidence-based data and analysis) in line with the operational strategy and HI federal advocacy priorities.
– Contributes locally to communication messages in line with the operational strategy and HI federal communication priorities.
– University Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Economics and related field of studies.
M.Sc/BA in the fields mentioned in the essential section
– Minimum of 4 years progressively responsible experience with NGOs or other organizations, including significant experience developing and managing monitoring and Evaluation system.
– Proficient in Computer, training in program design, monitoring and evaluation
– Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
– Proficient and skilled in report writing
– Able to program manage database
– Strong computer and interpersonal skills
– Proficiency in spoken and written English. Somali and Neur languages
– Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
– Knowledge on KoBo data collect, Servey CTO is a plus.
– Knowledge of software applications such as Excel, Access, or statistics software such as SPSS, STATA and database applications.
– Working language of the country of assignment (Ethiopia and Somalia).
– Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills
– Open-minded and respectful attitude, eager to understand a given cultural context
– Dynamic and proactive
– Capacity to mobilize a team, taste for teamwork
– Flexibility and adaptation capacities
Other competencies (knowledge, capacities required for the post)
– Mastering database management: Building databases on Excel that cover the needs for indicator production to ensure data quality and skill to perform on demand data extractions.
– Mobile Data Collection (MDC): Ability to create new forms on MDC tools and train data collectors and the teams in charge of data monitoring.
– Statistical analysis: Creating dashboards and performing simple descriptive statistical analyses on the data.
– Data protection: Conducting data protection and impact assessment at program level.
– GIS: Produce basic maps on tools such as Google Earth or uMap.
– Conduct of surveys: Writing ToRs and training interviewers. Consolidation of data and provide initial analysis.
– Excellent communication and analytical capacities to process project information.
– Knowledge of gender, disability and age related components and how to integrate them systematically in Information Management Mechanisms.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should fill in the attached application form Job application form -Humanity & Inclusion and submit it with a 1 page motivation letter through email it at [email protected] on or before the above mentioned deadline.
Please clearly state the position you apply in the subject of your email. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for exam/interview no phone calls please.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting child protection and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position involves working with beneficiaries and is subject to strict safer recruitment checks. The successful candidate will be required to complete a police check and sign self-declaration form to help us verify your suitability to work with children including checks with past employers.
Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes women and persons with disabilities to apply.
- Job City Gambela