Duties and responsibilities:
- To contribute to ERC advocacy and representation with migration stakeholders on the country level, in platforms and with donor institutions.
- To support partnerships and joint projects among ERC and other partners.
- To maintain an overview of the different funding opportunities for migration projects and to inform ERC about upcoming calls for project and funding opportunities.
- To promote good practice among project teams, and to support exchange on successful projects. And provide specialized training when needed.
- To support ERC communication on migration (elaborate weekly updates, contribute to our presence on Twitter, Facebook, website).
- To keep an overview of the activities of ERC stakeholders in the field of migration and asylum seeking.
- To analyze and share important trends and developments in the field of migration which could be relevant for ERC activities.
- To support the planning and implementation of the migration and anti-trafficking activities within ERC different projects in accordance with (but not limited to) the IFRC Policy on Migration and of the IFRC Global Migration Strategy.
Qualifications and Education Requirements :
- Bachelor degree in Law, International Relations or Political Sciences.
- Advanced studies in the field of migration is desirable.
- Experience of European and/or International Law and the policies and legal frameworks of migration and asylum
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the field of migration or other related field
- Experience with a Red Cross Red Crescent National Society or with another humanitarian organization is desirable
- Experience with foreign funding mechanisms and policy making processes is an asset.
- Practical experiences in writing position paper and policy recommendations is an asset Skills
- Interest in advocacy and humanitarian assistance.
- Ability and willingness to work in a team.
- Knowledge of civil society migration related activities in national and/or EU context
- Excellent communication skills including writing experience.
- Computer literacy.
- Organized, with ability to meet deadlines
- Fluently spoken and written English, Good command of French is an asset.
Qualified applicants, please send your updated resume: [email protected], and mention job title in the subject otherwise it will be discarded.
- Job City Egypt