Contributes to the definition of the Information Management (IM) action plan and implements it within the program.
Implements, operates and ensure the evolution of the program’s information management system through Mobile data collection, Databases, Visualization tools (dashboards), Geographic information systems, Production of indicators, Archiving of data sets and Ensures consistency and integration of systems.
2.1. Ensures data quality and compliance with HI standards
· Trains the teams in charge of data collection and processing (HI and partners).
· Implements quality control procedures.
· Ensures the deployment of internal data management standards.
· Contributes to data reporting exercises between headquarters and the field.
2.2. Supports operational teams in the analysis and use of data
· Produces statistical visualizations and analyses as required, at project and program levels.
· Supports operational teams in the interpretation of their data and its use for decision support purposes.
· Ensures the dissemination of data internally and externally through adapted communication formats.
2.3. Put in place mechanisms to ensure the protection of beneficiaries’ personal data
· Carries out a data protection impact assessment on the program.
· Coordinates the implementation of an action plan to strengthen data protection.
· Ensures the security of databases.
2.4. Contribute to MEAL and IM sector development as proposed by HQ Innovation, Impact & Information Division.
Contributes to the external representation and promotion of HI’s expertise.
• Upon request, represents HI’s IM expertise in all relevant networks in its area of operation.
• Collaborate with other HI IM Team to ensure regional coherence and representation.
• Contributes towards advocacy on specific subjects (notably through the consolidation of evidence-based data and analysis) in line with the operational strategy and HI federal advocacy priorities.
• Contributes locally to communication messages in line with the operational strategy and HI federal communication priorities.
University Degree in Computer Science specializing in Data/Information Management or Statistics.
M.Sc in the fields mentioned in the essential section
Minimum 4 years’ experience in project data and information management and experience with an international NGO is an asset.
Desired: Setting up of IM systems and experience using computer based applications.
Competencies (knowledge, capacities required for the post)
– Mastering database management: Building databases on Excel that cover the needs for indicator production to ensure data quality and skill to perform on demand data extractions.
– Mobile Data Collection (MDC): Ability to create new forms on MDC tools and train data collectors and the teams in charge of data monitoring.
– Statistical analysis: Creating dashboards and performing simple descriptive statistical analyses on the data.
– Data protection: Conducting data protection and impact assessment at program level.
– GIS: Produce basic maps on tools such as Google Earth or uMap.
– Conduct of surveys: Writing ToRs and training interviewers. Consolidation of data and provide initial analysis.
– Excellent communication and analytical capacities to process project information.
– Knowledge of gender, disability and age related components and how to integrate them systematically in Information Management Mechanisms.
– Knowledge of software applications such as Excel, Access, or statistics software such as SPSS, STATA and database applications.
– Working language of the country of assignment (Ethiopia and Somalia).
– Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills
– Open-minded and respectful attitude, eager to understand a given cultural context
– Dynamic and proactive
– Capacity to mobilize a team, taste for teamwork
– Flexibility and adaptation capacities
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should fill in the attached application form Job application form -Humanity & Inclusionand submit it with a 1 page motivation letter through email it at [email protected] on or before the above mentioned deadline.
Please clearly state the position you apply in the subject of your email. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for exam/interview no phone calls please.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting child protection and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position involves working with beneficiaries and is subject to strict safer recruitment checks. The successful candidate will be required to complete a police check and sign self-declaration form to help us verify your suitability to work with children including checks with past employers.
Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes women and persons with disabilities to apply.
- Job City Addis Ababa, Gambela