Panagora Group is a woman-owned, small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring Advisor
Job Opening ID: 507
Job Type: Full time
Project/Activity: USAID/Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Panagora Group, a small business specializing in monitoring, evaluation, and learning, global health, and international development, seeks an experienced monitoring advisor for an anticipated USAID/Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning activity.
- This is a long-term position based in Abuja, Nigeria expected to start in Spring 2021.
- Lead and manage the daily field support service requests (monitoring, DQAs, rapid feedback assessments), as well as performance and context monitoring support for USAID/Nigeria.
- Work in close collaboration with the Learning/Institutional Capacity Advisor and the MEL Specialist backstops to ensure that the MEL related needs of USAID/Nigeria are met.
- Establish protocols for field-based monitoring, DQAs, and other tasks, and support development and design of surveys and tools for data collection.
- Supervise long- and short-term staff engaged in monitoring tasks for the MEL activity.
- Oversee enhancements to the Monitor® system, ensuring that the system serves as a resource and management tool especially for the Mission’s CORs.
- Manage the collection, reporting, and analysis of indicator data, and ensure indicators, evaluations, and data conform to USAID standards
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Development, Evaluation, Development Analytics, Economics, Knowledge Management or related fields.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible professional experience in monitoring and evaluation within complex international development contexts in one or more areas of Health, Democracy, Governance and Conflict, Economic Growth, Education, and Agricultural Development.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing monitoring and verification systems, methods, and tools, using a variety of methods: in-person, remote, and third party. Experience with the Monitor® system strongly preferred
- Experience working on USAID monitoring and evaluation mechanisms strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to conduct field work in areas with hardship conditions, in remote areas, and in conflict-affected areas for extended periods of time.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical background in cost-benefit analysis, econometric methodologies, or statistical systems.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Job City Abuja