Vacancy No: CGHR/132/02/20
Program description: This program is a collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute, Henry Jackson Foundation MRI and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention whose remit is to conduct research in Malaria, HIV, Tuberculosis and other diseases. Due to its continued growth, the program has a vacancy in the Child Health and Mortality Prevention Surveillance (CHAMPS) Program.
REPORTING TO: Snr. Data Manager LOCATION: Kisumu
- Bachelor’s Degree in Community Health, Public Health, Project Management, Social Sciences, Epidemiology or related field
- M& E specific training
- Knowledge and experience in working with statistical software e.g. STATA/SAS/SPSS/R
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in M&E and/or program management
1. Experience with Monitoring & Evaluation systems in the health and research contexts 2. Excellent report writing and communication skills 3. Knowledge of electronic data collection platforms 4. Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines 5. Excellent critical thinking skills 6. Ability to work with various data visualization tools 7. Ability to work well with others in a team
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will be responsible to design and oversee all monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities, including ensuring full compliance with CHAMPS and Ministry of Health requirements, assisting coordinating team in defining outcome indicators and assessments that ensure proper evaluation. The office will ensure M&E component is well integrated within critical activities and monitored on a regular basis to ensure project impact. S/he will be required to work with all protocols affiliated to CHAMPS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a robust monitoring and evaluation plan for CHAMPS.
- Monitor development and implementation of CHAMPS activities included in annual work plan with particular focus on results, impacts and lesson learning.
- Promote results-based approach to M&E, emphasizing on results and impacts.
- Monitor implementation of CHAMPS data-to-action points and report on impact.
- Follow up on monthly reports from staff on program progress against work plan and provide feedback highlighting areas of concern and progress and ensure their timely submission.
- Facilitate, design and implement M& E tools.
- Undertake and facilitate the implementation of M&E plan, regularly revising and updating performance questions, indicators, methods and formats.
- Identify problems with the M&E system and modify the system, as necessary.
- Ensure that staff are receiving adequate support to be able to implement their M&E functions.
- Create a knowledge management strategy and framework.
- Organize and provide refresher training in M&E for staff.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract for one (1) year renewable as per KEMRI schemes of service. Probation period for the first 3 months. Salary negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
Applications MUST include the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number)
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
- Copies of Certificates, or Transcripts
- Must have Certificate of good conduct
- Must have KRA Certificate of Tax compliance
- Must have Clearance Certificate from HELB
- Must have credit reference Bureau Certificate
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send in their applications to: The Deputy Director, KEMRI-CGHR, P. O. Box 1578- 40100, Kisumu
Applications are due no later than: March 26, 2020.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- Job City Kisumu