Special Vacancy Annoucement: SVN-CO-026-2020
This offer is Open to both internal and external candidates.
Position Title : Monitoring and Reporting Assistant
Duty Station : Dakar, (Senegal)
Category : General Service, Grade G5/1
Type of appointment : Special Short Term 6 months (Possibility of extension)
Closing date : December 15th, 2020
Estimate start date : As soon as possible
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and nongovernmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
In the framework of the “Africa Regional Migration Programme” in West Africa, funded by the United States Department of State Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM), and implemented by IOM from October 2020 until September 2021, IOM Senegal is looking for a Monitoring and Reporting Assistant (West Africa Region).
The overall goal of the ARMP is that countries strengthen and promote well-managed migration as well as reduce migrant vulnerability both on their own and in partnership with their neighbours and other stakeholders, including private sector and non-governmental partners. The program will emphasize building the capacity of governments that are committed to improving migration management through policy, while also increasing coordination with relevant stakeholders, such as other governments, United Nations (UN) agencies, civil society institutions, regional economic commissions and consultative processes, the private sector and recruitment agencies. To do this, the ARMP implements activities in pursuit of three pillars: 1) Migration Management; 2) Partnerships; 3) Crisis Response.
The program benefits governments in 20 African countries, including five countries (The Gambia, Mauritania, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo) in West Africa.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, and the direct supervision of the Programme Officer, the Monitoring and Reporting Assistant will be required to:
· Assist the Programme Officer in drafting and reviewing the regional quarterly reports, in coordination with the five implementing countries in West Africa, with the Reporting Officer of the ARMP (IOM Pretoria), and in line with the donor’s requirements;
· Assist the Programme Officer in identifying relevant monitoring needs and developing new monitoring tools, in close collaboration with the ARMP M&E Officer (IOM Pretoria);
· Carry out field and/or remote monitoring visits in the implementing countries, based on needs identified by the Programme Officer;
· Conduct desk and/or field research based on findings and recommendations from monitoring and evaluation exercises;
· Collect, compile, and analyze country and region information for further assessment of issues identified by or with the project team and national focal points;
· Assist the Programme Officer in the overall implementation of monitoring and reporting activities;
· Attend meetings, conferences and workshops with donors and national stakeholders as requested and ensure timely reporting and/or information-sharing on these events;
· Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required qualifications and experiences
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Social or Political Sciences, Statistics, Economics, or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with 2 years of relevant professional experience,
· High School Degree with minimum 4 (four) years of relevant professional experience
· Experience in project monitoring and reporting in English, and preferably for English-speaking donors;
· Very good knowledge of MS office; knowledge of data processing software (SPSS, Stata, GIS, etc.) is a strong advantage;
· Previous work experience in UN System is an asset.
· In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization; and,
· Knowledge of project administration
· Excellent command of English and French, written and spoken, with proven drafting and editing skills;
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:**
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators *level 3**
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to: [email protected] referring to this advertisement in the subject: “SVN-CO-026-2020 and complete name”. Application must contain a CV, a cover letter in a unique file, as well as the contact details of three professional references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 01.12.2020 to 15.12.2020
- Job City Dakar